CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt1

5th October 2011, 11:31
There is an interesting letter on the Guardian online crosswords section from their crossword editor. He mentions this forum and AB as good places for discussion of crosswords. An answer to those who regard this as a form of cheating.
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

peterm

5th October 2011, 11:46
Very interesting article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords/crossword-blog/2011/oct/03/hugh-stephenson-editors-update

Let's hope it finally lays to rest all the twaddle that's written about cheating.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

wendy

5th October 2011, 11:49
Very well spotted AJT1 and thanks. I think it's good, too, that he put our site before AB!!
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

wendy

5th October 2011, 11:59
p.s. I've never regarded what takes place on here as "cheating" because if I'm left with one unsanswered clue havig done the rest of a tricky puzzle it's perfectly OK for me to come here and ask for help.

That said, I don't think it should apply to Charity quizzes and feel that we should all take responsibility in being vigilant in order to "nip the problem in the bud" when seeing a new thread for a new quiz such as the MacMillan one, especially so when it's only just been published.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post