CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kellimod

4th October 2011, 10:14
Does anyone else have the DFS advert coving all the options at the top? I can get rid of it
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

4th October 2011, 10:46
I've got it, tried to block it but then the page wouldn't load properly.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

the joker

4th October 2011, 19:46
Dfs have now moved up to the Edinburgh area,where they have replaced BT.
Very annoying and if I were contemplating the purchase of any furniture,dfs would now not be on my list.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

pastille

4th October 2011, 21:05
It's the British Gas ad, that plaguing my site...do we all get different ads???
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

joan

4th October 2011, 21:09
I'm in Edinburgh and often get the DFS ad blocking all the options. This was infuriating, till I discovered that if I shoogled (good Scottish word, more emotive than 'moved around')my cursor, the options would show up again, just underneath.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

4th October 2011, 23:32
pastille wrote:

It's the British Gas ad, that plaguing my site...do we all get different ads???

Yes, I think we do. I see Santander at the top and VW at the bottom. It's probably the best way to fund the maintenance of the site, so I guess we have to live with it.
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

4th October 2011, 23:37
There is a way to get back to the forum at the bottom of each page, which will overcome the problem of the top menu being blotted out by DFS! Look for the line:

Home >> Forum >> Advert

and click your mouse on the "Forum" word. It will take you back to the forum index page.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

4th October 2011, 23:40
Sorry, I should have said that the third section in that quick link line is always the title of the thread you are in. It so happens that this one is called "Advert".
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

4th October 2011, 23:51
The ads seem to reflect search history, so maybe get rid of cookies? Need a techie to explain how.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

5th October 2011, 00:06
I use Adblock - it's free and definitely works on Chrome and Firefox. I don't know about IE.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Advert