CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dizoz

3rd October 2011, 05:56
just downloaded 100. Preamble is a bit "flavoursome?". got a few. any comments?
1 of 39  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd October 2011, 08:19
Just printed it - looks as though it'll take me a while to get to grips with it, so won't check-in here again for a while.

I notice that Paul is using his obsession with all things to do with bodily functions in his clue at 7 across. He just can't resist it, can he!

Good luck!
2 of 39  -   Report This Post

sjg

3rd October 2011, 09:32
I'm puzzled by the special instructions:

"The spelling of several well-known (but undefined) entries is incorrect, which may not be to your taste!"

I don't understand the reference to undefined entries as all the entries have clues - what am I missing (apart from a few brain cells...)?

Thanks!
3 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt1

3rd October 2011, 09:53
All of the entries have clues, yes, but they don't all have definitions of the cryptic wordplay. It is a pretty standard rule that the definition part of a clue comes either at the beginning or the end. For instance, in this particular puzzle, 13 ac has a cryptic reference, but no definition of the answer. Hope this helps
4 of 39  -   Report This Post

sjg

3rd October 2011, 10:00
Thanks, AJT, that does indeed help...
5 of 39  -   Report This Post

pendragon

3rd October 2011, 10:21
Help! I've just changed my computer, and I clearly need to install some additional softward to display the grid as usual. I seem to remember a cup of coffee being displayed before the grid. Does anybody know what the software is?
6 of 39  -   Report This Post

pendragon

3rd October 2011, 11:07
I think I'm OK now.
7 of 39  -   Report This Post

barryjbutler

3rd October 2011, 14:12
Finished after about 4 hours on and off. Interesting and provocative!
8 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd October 2011, 16:53
Never tried "G" before,so content with 7 left after a few hours!Can s'one indicate (first)that my letters for 3+4d,namely ?I?A ?T?O?E are correct,and then which kind of port is meant (assuming that defines the 2 wds together)?
9 of 39  -   Report This Post

peterm

3rd October 2011, 21:54
Your letters are right, but the answer is one of the themed ones as per the Special Instructions.
10 of 39  -   Report This Post