CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

martin

2nd October 2011, 16:58
I'm baffled by this: I've solved some clues (not all, by any means). However these appear to be quite normal. The instructions indicate, I think, that these answers need to be transposed and entered elsewhere, in the spaces of other clues, which contain a one-word definition of the relevant answer. I can't get this to work with any of the solutions which I've got so far: eg 5d is "nestlings", but there appears to be no suitable definition of this word in any of the other 9-letter clues. I think, in fact I'm sure that I've got the wrong end of the stick here. Any comments?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

cmk

2nd October 2011, 17:04
Hi Martin -you ARE on the right track. In the example you've given, 'nestlings' can also mean the 'young' of birds. You will find young in one of the 9 letter clues.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

martin

2nd October 2011, 17:07
Thank you cmk, I shall persevere. It could be a long evening. Just as well there's nothing on TV.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

cmk

2nd October 2011, 17:12
It is a bit of a slog, I'm afraid, but worth persevering with. I'm about 80% done - the 4 and 5 letter ones are the stumblers for me. That's usually the case.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd October 2011, 18:43
I've typed out all the clues putting them in groups of 6 according to how many letters they have - much easier to see what belongs where - not done much, but going well so far!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

3rd October 2011, 12:31
Finished at last! What a great puzzle!
Seem to remember we had a Guardian Genius similar to this a while ago.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd October 2011, 12:58
I got a late start on this, and it looked impossible at first view, but then about ten answers jumped out at me- something that's never happened with Azed. For some reason I have the bottom half done with a few pioneers above. I agree, sudokulover: it's exceptionally satisfying- a sort of cross-crossword.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED 2053