CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hallgreening

2nd October 2011, 14:03
I can't access the Times Xword club, either through a link or any other search. I cannot even get in a position to log in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

ajt1

2nd October 2011, 14:12
When I first logged on to the Times website early this morning, I got a warning message that there was something wrong with the site's "security certificate". I was given the option to, more or less, proceed at my peril, and did so, and was able to access the crosswords. I have just tried to access the site, and got the same message. Do you not have the same option?
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd October 2011, 14:20
For those people using Firefox 7.0.1 having problems accessing the Times Crossword Club (because certificate is out of date):Go to options in Tools. Click on Advanced then Encryption. Click on View Certificates then on servers. Click on Add Exception. Copy times club web address into location box then click on confirm security exception.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd October 2011, 14:21
I just found the above on answerbank and thought it might be useful. Internet Explorer and google chrome do not appear to have the same problem.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

hallgreening

2nd October 2011, 14:36
AJT-thanks, but I can't even get to the log in page-it won't let me. Dear jazzgirl...I've tried this-when it says ADVANCED, then go to ENCRYPTION, in reality there is no such option when you go to ADVANCED I'm stumped.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

hallgreening

2nd October 2011, 14:49
Dear AJ and jazzgirl-thanks for taking the time to help. After reading yr contributions I joined google chrome and now it works!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post