CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

26th September 2011, 19:39
This one took a lot longer to compile than the first three for some reason. I think the more I do the fussier I get about my clues(which can only be a good thing!).

http://crossword.info/Lionheart/Cryptic_0004

Feedback, good or bad, always appreciated....enjoy :)
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

26th September 2011, 19:55
Hi Lionheart! Didn't get round to your earlier work, but have started this one. After a racing start off the blocks I now find myself slightly hamstrung - so will have another go later. Keep up the good work and glad you found a way to share your work!
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

lionheart

26th September 2011, 19:58
I'm churning them out now sally ;) Hope you enjoy it!
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th September 2011, 22:27
Found Nr 4 much easier,too.Can't for the life of me figure out,though,why my solution to 23a should be right as far as "reverse pike" is concerned:is it in Chambers?It's only a matter --as often-- of 2 letters!And then I would have/be finished!In any case,THEY'RE FUN TO DO!!!
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th September 2011, 22:36
well done Lionheart with getting them posted online so quickly.
not even looked at #0004 yet (i can't help myself when there is a 'reveal' button so i can't say that i solved them all) but i like your clues.

keep 'em coming.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

lionheart

26th September 2011, 23:05
@greedy kite: Hopefully my clues are becoming more succinct with less 'fluff' which will probably make them clearer and possibly easier. Practice, practice, practice! Re 23a: 'reverse pike' could as easily have been 'forward double tuck' ;)

@trevor: Resist the reveal! Resist the reveal! :)

Glad you're both liking them!
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th September 2011, 23:10
Lionheart...remember to watch out for Jolan's 5@5 and Clueless tomorrow.

Not done any of your crossies as yet, but they seem to be going "swimmingly".

BS...big smile :)
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

lionheart

26th September 2011, 23:24
I'll do my best to be there to see what it's all about! I should be finished elsewhere by 4:45 so should be able to make it.

re: my puzzles... you should definitely take the plunge ;)
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

27th September 2011, 06:35
One result of a lifetime without sport is regular pains in the back (like this morning).Another is absolute ignorance of sporting terms,like with 23a.Seen positively,I'm dtill learning!A propos "succinct":I find your clues a model of brevity!Already lookong forward to No 5!!!
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

lionheart

27th September 2011, 13:41
lol greedy kite, glad you got there in the end.
I've set myself a bit of a challenge for the next one, the rules of compiling are being stretched as we speak ;)
10 of 10  -   Report This Post