CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

23rd September 2011, 18:31
Apologies for my first post being a question but...

I've recently started compiling cryptics and would like to be able to share them with friends in an interactive online format. So far I have only found the 'Across Lite' program which has the potential to make this possible. However, I cannot seem to find a host or blogging site that will accept the .PUZ format.
Can anybody recommend such a site or else advise me as to an alternative way of achieving my objective?
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 19:05
I personally do not have a clue...

But there is "Big Dave", who has his own crossword help/information website.

He may know who to "put you on too".

Try bigdave44.com

Good Luck.

p@
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

23rd September 2011, 19:11
Les40 posts crosswords on here using dropbox.com. Don't know if you've looked at that one or if it would be suitable for you, but worth a try!
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 19:15
Sorry Les40....should have thought "inhouse".

p@
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 19:32
dropbox is a (free) file sharing program.
Les40 has to use something to make the files before he loads them into dropbox.

i don't know what, but he posts .pdf files and i am sure that there are free programs to do it (maybe even a screen capture to send a picture ?) .
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

tonyw

23rd September 2011, 19:34
A dropbox will work if you want to post a x-word plus grid but I have no idea how one can post an interactive crossword.There are not that many interactive crosswords on the web any way(like some of the Guardians)so I presume it is quite hard.I think you would have to find a site that would charge you for the privilege.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 19:41
ah,
tonyw has pointed out the word 'interactive'.
ignore what i said.
probably have to pay for that.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

23rd September 2011, 20:08
Excellent help all round guys, thanks!

@ trevor & tonyw: yes, it's the interactive bit I'm having the trouble with ;) The Guardian one is exactly the model for what I'm thinking of. I've been looking for a solution for a few days now and I think you're probably right about having to pay...and I can't see me doing that!

@ pastille: Bigdave seems to have achieved what I'm after but I assume he's paying for that site, what with it having it's own domain name. I'll get in touch with him and see what he says....thanks :)

The printable pdf route is probably the way I'll end up going, I just thought it would be easier for people to play online rather than having to print things out.
Any further thoughts gratefully received and I'll let you know if I find an answer (that's free)!
Cheers.
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

big dave

23rd September 2011, 20:11
I use Crossword Compiler - if you have a legitimate copy then you can post puzzles directly to the Crossword Info site. Here are mine:

http://crossword.info/BigDave/

To purchase Crossword Compiler:

http://www.crossword-compiler.com/
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 20:19
you got lucky there richpay.
Big Dave is not around here much anymore(4 million +, hits on his Blog,
http://bigdave44.com/
lets make it 5).

if you get it going please let us have a go at it.(if it is not too personal).
10 of 16  -   Report This Post