CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

22nd September 2011, 21:44
Is anyone still doing this?Can't find old thread.Got my copy at last today & it seems pretty easy,but no doubt I shall need some help when I try the half seriously I didn't get at a quick glance.Closing date not till end of Nov,so no hurry.Would appreciate any responses!Or have you all finished it long ago?Well worth supporting at least.
1 of 77  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd September 2011, 22:02
i HAVE NEVER DONE ONE OF THESE QUIZZES...

SORRY Caps on again!

But like the look of this, will have to check it out, also money going to a good cause.

Thanks for the reminder Greedykite.

p@
2 of 77  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd September 2011, 22:02
Hi greedy kite, I have finished the quiz but more than happy to help out if you are really stuck nearer the time. I doubt that you will be though - the clues are well-crafted and all quite solveable. Good luck and hope you enjoy it as much as I did
3 of 77  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd September 2011, 22:09

trevor

22nd September 2011, 22:14
ps. you can, donate to/get/enter this quiz all online.
5 of 77  -   Report This Post

keylah

22nd September 2011, 22:26
I like the look of this can you please give me the address etc where to send for this quiz thank you
6 of 77  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

22nd September 2011, 22:34
If you click on Trevor's link above it will take you on to the official website and the quiz will arrive by e-mail.

Or you can donate be cheque to :-

Richard Cleaver
c/o The King's Head
19 Maiden Lane
STAMFORD
Lincolnshire
PE9 2 AZ
cheque to be made payable to Macmillan Cancer Support

7 of 77  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd September 2011, 23:01
Dear Mrs Trellis:on second attempt this evening managed 31 out of first 50 with certainty,but there are so many TV presenters etc I am not familiar with at all,having been out of the country for about 50 years,so I may well take up your offer sooner rather than later,as browsing through the very long lists of such people online is very tiring and often in vain.Glad to see there are others still interested,though:the delay in my case was conditioned,I think,by my address abroad.Kooking forward to exchanging some tips with you at least!
8 of 77  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

23rd September 2011, 07:23
No problem greedy kite, I have to say that some of my answers were helped by a 'cross-generational' approach, and a couple of the tv presenters were fairly unfamiliar to me before this quiz. But most are very well-known. Keep plugging away!
9 of 77  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd September 2011, 07:40
Greedy Kite, you'd mentioned before that you're in France. Whereabouts are you? We're in Brittany (not permanently though)
10 of 77  -   Report This Post