CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

19th September 2011, 15:34
"Saying the first half of song in verse,then the second half" 8 letters, ?AROEM?A.Can't find aywhere,but I'm sure you know & can explain it (my last one)!!!
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

19th September 2011, 15:36
paroemia
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

19th September 2011, 15:37
pARoemIA
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

19th September 2011, 15:40
Oh dear. I expect so much more from a cambridge graduate.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

bunty

19th September 2011, 15:59
lloyd - don't be mean, let's all just "get along" please ......
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

19th September 2011, 17:05
Dear DDDD:apologies for my not thanking you immediately.I very much appreciate your help,just like that of others on this site too numerous to mention.As you can imagine I was flabbergasted to find Lloyd's ridiculous comment the moment I had posted my contribution on the other thread with "Matron".Please do not be offended!I am perfectly aware that,I,too make mistakes.But that is also what makes Lloyd's little provocation so ridiculous in my view.I just thank you again heartily:of course I should have known it from the Greek I HAPPENED to learn at that unmentionable place.It's just that I don't fit at all into that stereotype that my "enemies" have in their little heads---but to prove that i would have to relate my life-story---and that again would make me seem "pompous,arrogant" etc.etc.etc.Can we leave it at that?
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

19th September 2011, 17:06
... you're weclome... (Still Game reference)
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 17:19
Dot Dot Dash Dash - just out of curiosity I typed your name into a Morse code translator and got EETT!
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th September 2011, 17:52
sally - Dot Dash was a single by the punk/art-School, band, Wire. They had a huge influence on other bands despite being relatively obscure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGNnSgfp5Q

best played at a level to make your ears bleed and i know for a fact that our 'Dot Dash Dot Dash' named himself after this because i asked him.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 17:54
Thank you trevor, I vaguely remember The Wire. Shall ahve a listen later at the requisite full volume!
10 of 12  -   Report This Post