CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 08:00
Tonight - BBC4 8.30 p.m.
New series of "ONLY CONNECT"
with a team of CROSSWORD ENTHUSIASTS.
Will we "recognize" anyone from this site...
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th September 2011, 08:29
Oooh Jazzgirl, whatever do you mean? I am intrigued..............
Hope you're enjoying the new connecting walls on the website - I'm sure they're getting harder.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 08:40
Hi Mrs Trellis
Well it certainly won't be me, as they are "Listener" crossword fans. (I can't even understand the instructions)
I love the interactive walls and am surprised no one on this site has ever mentioned them. My brain hurts over some of them :(
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th September 2011, 08:45
I've never seen anyone asking for help with The Listener on here - perhaps you have to be so clever to do it that you don't need help. Have a good day until 8pm when 'Quiz Hour' kicks off.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 08:59
and a good day to you too Mrs Trellis!
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th September 2011, 09:32
Hi Jazzgirl,

I do watch 'Only Connect' but I can assure you that I won't be taking part either. Have you noted that some of the contributors to this Forum have favourably commented upon the RT thread as they are impressed by the good-humoured repartee?

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 09:41
Hi Caravaggio
Good to see you here and hope you have a good day.
Yes, our RT thread is always good-humoured and polite and we respect one another's different views without arguments. Long may we continue. :)
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th September 2011, 21:11
Well jazzgirl (or anyone else), are we any the wiser? I enjoyed the show, especially guessing the 'kabbadi' connection on the first clue! Evidence of Saturday mornings wasted with C4 sport. Btw has anyone submitted a connecting wall yet? I've done one, and wondered what happens to them - are we providing free labour for BBC4? :-)
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th September 2011, 21:12
Hi Jazzgirl,

You may be amused to know that I've just watched tonight's edition of the quiz with the volume turned down as I had to take a 'phone call...

One of the names was familiar to me through Big Dave's Crossword Blog and you'll perhaps have noted that Nimrod referred to the site on Saturday. For that reason, if you feel so inclined, try http://bigdave44.com/ and you'll find that Big Dave has made mention of tonight's edition of 'Only Connect'.

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

19th September 2011, 22:34
Hi jazzgirl - watched it tonight for the first time and really enjoyed it, so thanks for that! Do any of the "Listener" team feature in the Listener Threads on AB?
Going to watch some of the previous series on bbc iplayer.
10 of 15  -   Report This Post