CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

12th September 2011, 01:35
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Les40xword.pdf

For anyone who doesn't know, I have posted a few of my own crosswords on here in the past but things went a bit slow and a few knob heads spoilt the fun, trevor has asked for another grid and here it is.
I worked on this one with some feedback from Big Dave, but I haven't heard from him for some time, hope he's OK.

Good to hear Wendy is back

A few tricky clues in this one, hope you enjoy it and any feedback welcome as always.

Les40
1 of 34  -   Report This Post

wendy

12th September 2011, 09:46
Thanks LES40 - all printed and ready for after lunch.

Sorry to learn about your Father - wonderful that he introduced you to the wonderful world of crosswords - a great legacy to leave you.
As for the Mephisto - that's fantastic - far too difficult for me to even contemplate!
2 of 34  -   Report This Post

therogue

12th September 2011, 11:46
Hi Les40
Didnt know you had posted grids, but have printed this one and will have a bash at it tonight!
Thanks
TR
3 of 34  -   Report This Post

tony

12th September 2011, 12:16
Thanks Les40 I enjoyed doing that.

I liked your 'whistle' & 'sleep' clueing.

Keep it up.
4 of 34  -   Report This Post

therogue

12th September 2011, 12:31
Couldn't resist a little peek during lunch. Got the NE corner, just tumbled to 1ac... Brilliant!
5 of 34  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th September 2011, 14:14
Thanks Les, have the grid and will sure have a try. We get our inspiration from those around us and keeps us going. xxx
6 of 34  -   Report This Post

trevor

12th September 2011, 15:18
Thanks for that Les, i felt sure that others would appreciate it too.
7 of 34  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th September 2011, 16:04
Hi Les,

I've noted that you referred to Big Dave when you started this thread so I thought that I would just reassure you that he is fit and well
but he is fully occupied with his site http://bigdave44.com/ which recorded its four millionth hit at the weekend.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
8 of 34  -   Report This Post

les40

12th September 2011, 16:14
Thanks Caravaggio

Thats good to hear that Big Dave is doing OK, I hope he finished putting his flat pack furniture together

brilliant news about his crossword site. I've not visited for a while, I will have a look in this week.

9 of 34  -   Report This Post

trevor

12th September 2011, 19:04
four million hits? wow, no wonder Big Dave is rarely spotted here.

Les, enjoyed this a lot.
took me quite a while to fathom 3d (my failing,not the clue).

Favorite was 24d (maybe a regional bias).
10 of 34  -   Report This Post