CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chips

8th September 2011, 12:44
What a delight this was - hope others felt the same?
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

peterm

8th September 2011, 14:25
Good, well-crafted puzzle today. Not too difficult. I just take issue with 24dn - I don't think Morocco fits in with the answer. Monaco, yes, but not Morocco.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

bunty

8th September 2011, 15:16
Agree, yes a nice puzzle! late starting today but all done now. I don't get the clue for 24d though, I take it Persian is the defn?
Also where does the TV come into 35a?
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

chips

8th September 2011, 15:19
Peterm, I'm a comparative novice with the Spectator puzzle - so some subtleties are lost on me. I solved the clue because of 'Persian', took 'Morocco' to lead to 'mo' - and still don't see how 'perfectly comprehending' fits in.
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

8th September 2011, 15:19
Bunty

Think animal for persian and cross dresser for tv
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

bunty

8th September 2011, 15:23
djawhufc - that's what I thought but a bit vague.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

peterm

8th September 2011, 15:44
Chips - I think Moroccan is supposed to be MC in the answer. Take out MC and your left with a short 3-word expression meaning perfectly. I just don't see why MC should represent Morocco. It's the IVR for Monaco.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

ixion

8th September 2011, 18:21
Re 24D...I took it to be perfectly understanding(tact-ful)with MO for morocco(though agree it's not a correct abbr as far as I can find)form being the anag indicator.

23A Don't get the Sade reference - can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

ixion

8 of 22  -   Report This Post

chips

8th September 2011, 18:32
Ixion - sorry, I didn't get/see the Sade reference either. I've had another look and still haven't come up with anything.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

peterm

8th September 2011, 18:45
Interesting. I still think perfectly is "to a T", and "comprehending" in the clue indicates something (ie Morocco) to be included, with "form of Persian" as the definition. I'm not convinced that it could be an anagram without knowing what the letters are. And why tact rather than tactful?

I'd forgotten about 23ac. I don't get the Sade reference either.
10 of 22  -   Report This Post