CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

7th September 2011, 11:46
Just to let everyone know that Norah, the moderator, does listen and act on inappropriate posts. I had an email from her this morning, and a certain person, who seems to have a problem with me, has been warned about inappropriate posting. So if someone on here gets really abusive, contact Norah and let her know.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th September 2011, 11:59
Hi, I was heartened by the fact that a couple of weeks ago,a particularly abusive post directed at me "and pals" was take off. I did not complain (in retrospect maybe I should have.)but not sure if any one else did.

I love the persiflage, but not vitriol.There is no need for it.

I do worry that some are now too wary to join in a bit of "banter"in fear that it could turn nasty.

take care

p@
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

7th September 2011, 12:06
I agree pastille. With the person concerned, I sort of hoped if would fizzled out, but when comments were still being made, and of a personal nature I figured I had nothing to lose by contacting Norah. Like you say, a bit of banter, even swearing doesn't bother me, but personal attacks are going a step too far. Hope you are ok on this (not) fine day!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th September 2011, 13:12
Hi
Just checking in at lunchtime.
(I've been out looking at fans ( not the sort a girl flirts behind but the computer kind) A friend is now going to sort it out for me.
Sally - so pleased that Norah is taking notice. She has a good sense of humour, so it's a shame that the persiflage is not much in evidence. But at least the bad posts are being deleted quickly.
I think quite a number of people hit the "report" button yesterday, as action was speedy. Shame that the whole thread went though. Off out again. Bye for now. J
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

phillip

7th September 2011, 16:23
One person's persiflage is another person's infantile and puerile blather.

Equally,some people think it is alright for them to be vitriolic but if someone does it to them that is somehow wrong.People who think like this are usually self-deluded about many things.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

saki

8th September 2011, 00:08
Well said phillip.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

rusty

8th September 2011, 00:21
It is a week since I have visited this site and it is going downhill fast, thanks to sallyw, mainly, who is all over this site like a rash, with opinionated tuppenceworths, and her online friend pastille. This used to be a great crossword help site but methinks those days are gone unless these people go. Can we please go back to the way it used to be? I can not be alone in thinking this.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post