CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

6th September 2011, 12:19
Good afternoon all. I was absent for the past two weeks or so undergoing a host of tests at the local hospital and in Leeds.
They've discovered what's wrong and started me on chemotherapy so I can now get back to
our puzzles.
I found this week's quite interesting. I liked 5d, 9d and 21a. I worked out the answer to 12a but I had to check on the net
that there was a presenter with that name.
I'm sure that I have the correct answer to 2d
but for the life of me I can't see how the clue leads to the answer.
Best wishes to everyone,
N
1 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th September 2011, 13:10
Hello Navigator
I'm sorry to hear that you are having health problems. I hope the treatment is not too unpleasant for you. Crossword-solving certainly concentrates the mind on other things and I send you my best wishes.
I've not yet picked up my RT but will be back as soon as I have something to report!
Take care.
J
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

mamya

6th September 2011, 13:12
Navigator, just a message to wish you well - Chemo can be quite debilitating so get lots of rest and stick to doing the things you love. Stay focussed and feel better soon. ♥
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

suki

6th September 2011, 13:30
Hi Navigator

With all good wishes for a full and very speedy recovery. Keep your chin up.
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

6th September 2011, 15:18
I too cannot relate my answer for 2D to the clue. As far as I can see there's only one answer.
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

navigator

6th September 2011, 18:52
Many thanks Jazzgirl, Mamya and Suki for
your kind thoughts.
Hi Seamus. Ive spent the afternoon on the clue for 2d and at last I've got it. For
"remains" think cigarette. "Concrete" has
nowt to do with cement .. "actual" instead.
N
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

barrycat

6th September 2011, 18:57
Hi Navigator, sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

6th September 2011, 19:10
Hi Navigator. Sorry to hear of your health problems and hope you will soon be better.
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

lainey

6th September 2011, 19:20
Hello Navigator, just wanted to wish you all the best with your treatment (thinking of you!).

Thank you for clarifying 2D, I had the 'remains' but couldn't work out the 'concrete'!

Kind regards,

LAINEY
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

dustbin lid

6th September 2011, 20:09
Hello. Can anyone help with my last clue - 14a. I have half the letters but it still won't surrender. Thanks.
10 of 45  -   Report This Post