CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

30th August 2011, 16:02
CLUELESS 23

Clueless, our very exciting weekly clue-setting competition, is now in its 23rd week.

The idea is to compile a cryptic clue to a given word. The winner of the previous week’s competition sets the word to be clued and judges the entries. There is a one-day time-frame. The judge’s decision is final (reasons may or may not be given at the judge’s discretion). It is customary for the judge to donate a virtual prize to the winner.

To be fair to others, please do not make any comments on entries until after the winning entry has been declared.

Multiple entries may be submitted. Entries may also be tweaked throughout the competition – the last entry only will be judged.

Hurricane Iris has quite naturally put me in mind of fast-spinning wonders, and the Clueless 23 word, rich with cryptic possibilities but nonetheless challenging, is CUISINART. Yes, though it’s an American trade name it’s in dictionaries (and qualifies for Scrabble!), and I even checked to make sure that this little beast can be purchased in the UK. Oh, and though I admit that I myself got into naughty bits last week, the word that prurient anagrammatists will immediately discern is off limits (take note, terry as was). Now that I’ve spoiled your fun you can flip the switch.

Clues to be submitted before 16:30 BST tomorrow (Wed 31st August) and the winner will be announced soon after.

Good luck!
1 of 61  -   Report This Post

pastille

30th August 2011, 16:07
Did Ian Curtis blend these kitchen things over the pond? (9)
2 of 61  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

30th August 2011, 16:13
Kitchen gadget mixed icecream initially with us in cart.
3 of 61  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th August 2011, 16:18
Copper trains to catch one that blends well.
4 of 61  -   Report This Post

helenb

30th August 2011, 16:26
Cook in a copper, stir, transfer into Chef's
choice of utensils
5 of 61  -   Report This Post

ab

30th August 2011, 16:36
Sounds like Kwee's getting on very well with Garfunkel. It turns my vittles!
6 of 61  -   Report This Post

chrisg

30th August 2011, 16:37
Curtains I made for kitchen equipment supplier
7 of 61  -   Report This Post

helenb

30th August 2011, 16:48
I have can covered in rust I required new kitchen help.
8 of 61  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th August 2011, 16:56
French-sounding gadget mutilates basic nutrition, it bon? non!(9)
9 of 61  -   Report This Post

therogue

30th August 2011, 17:03
Star in I.C.U. could be George Foreman contender?
10 of 61  -   Report This Post