CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

29th August 2011, 17:21
The Clueless word will appear at the usual time tomorrow (Tuesday). The power is out in most of our town, but we haven't lost it. We got over six inches of rain and a full-grown oak snapped in half before my very eyes (the LOWER end of the upper part landed more than fifty feet from the trunk). We have many skylights and none of them broke (or even leaked), but there's debris everywhere. Quite the joyride. See you soon!
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th August 2011, 17:24
good news (of a sort) aristophanes. glad you're well.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

helenb

29th August 2011, 18:43
Good to hear you weathered the storm -we've been watching the devastation on the news, it looked horrendous. We were once in Florida during a torrential downpour and thunderstorm when during the night I gathered all our passports, papers etc by my bedside just in case we had to evacuate, my husband was quite sanguine about it until the following morning when we discovered that the garage of the house next door had been struck by lightening, completely destroying two very snazzy sports cars, their owners pride and joy. A night to remember!
Looking forward to Clueless (Give the beagle a pat)
HelenB
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

peterm

29th August 2011, 18:59
Good to hear from you, aristo. See you tomorrow.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th August 2011, 00:30
Thanks, trevor, HelenB, and peterm. We've been offline for a few hours, so if I'm not prompt tomorrow it's because it's happened again. I may post early just to grab the opportunity.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

paul

30th August 2011, 01:58
Glad to hear all OK Aristo (and belated congrats for last week!)

PS in England we have a vernacular phrase to describe the best of something - shall we call it the dogs bolics!

PPS perhaps Irene's change of heart was down to divine Providence (R.I)??
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th August 2011, 09:50
Glad to hear you were spared,aristo, and looking forward to Clueless. I was also impressed by your very British stiff-upper-lipness about the storm and the show going on!
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th August 2011, 15:39
And I gather that you're coping with your domestic adjustment, paul, after all the congratulations- something I don't quite understand, since I've fathered a number of children and haven't found it difficult (three were born in Providence, by the way). Bullfrog: Not a drop of British blood here, but I have a perhaps irrational distrust of people who aren't funny, and nobody is funnier than the Brits- hence a perhaps rational admiration.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

pastille

30th August 2011, 15:43
Afternoon Mr A.

Hope the weather is calming down and life returning to "normal"...

...waiting with baited breath for "Clueless"
Yankee style...woowoo!
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

30th August 2011, 16:15
Glad you're ok Aristo, and pastille stop screaming like a harpy - you'll get yourself into trouble! ;0)
10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Clueless