CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keenquizzer

25th August 2011, 16:45
As this site was mainly for help solving crossword clues and not quiz questions many of you won't be aware what quiz it is from of any details of closing date etc

Couldnt askers be encouraged to give the correct name of the quiz and closing date so it is easier for others to find and then maybe some of those giving answers might wait a bit when quizzes often are only just out and have months to run
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 17:07
Hi there,

I think you have a fair point there.

It may be hard to implement though, as we are still trying to get some people to give basic information such as word length and whether any letters have "been got".

Actually, it might be improving?

We can but give it a try...
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

25th August 2011, 17:59
Good idea keenquizzer. Although I agree with pastille about whether people will do it.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

terry as was

25th August 2011, 21:01
keenquizzer,
If you happen to know that the poster is asking quiz questions and the setter has asked people not seek help. The standard protocol is to post something (in block capitals) along the lines of.......

you cheating bastard, you know you shouldn't be asking,the setter has explicitly said,etc,etc........... then repeat the message in ever more personal terms until the offending poster dies of shame, or other posters are afraid to give any more answers.

2. You consider the closing date for the quiz sufficiently far in the future that the poster shouldn't be asking,at least not yet. Again,thankfully,there is an established protocol. Post something along the lines of............

For god's sake there's still two years til this quiz closes,why ask yet. (again block capitals cn be used). Follow this up by accusing the poster of being too sodding idle to make an effort themselves, too stupid or being a money grabbing bastard.

Again you should get the satisfaction of seeing the thread grind to an embarrassing halt.

Good luck on your mission.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 21:03
Terry?

Are you on the blob?
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

terry as was

25th August 2011, 21:12
Pastille,

I love you dearly but maybe you should start something concrete yourself,or actually join in with something aready here by adding something meaningful to it. Just sticking a vague one liner on every thread is pretty pointless isn't it.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 21:15
Terry?

Check back to post 2 on this thread...

I was the first to answer...

Where is your head?
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

terry as was

25th August 2011, 21:19
You know what I'm talking about Pastille.
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 21:21
No actually I don't???

What the f..k have I done???

9 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 21:23
And...what do you mean???
10 of 15  -   Report This Post