CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chips

25th August 2011, 11:02
After a good/goodish start, I've come to a grinding halt - and would appreciate any tips,advice.
All are answers are five-letter words, and I just can't get these...
Clay-like?
Musical duo from Scotland's band

This puzzle involves positioning the answers in the right place, so I can't get any further at the moment.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 11:30
Have top half & hopefully 4 in bottom half,but--like Chips--just can't continue without help!Am I right in supposing bottom line is a very formal word?And that the long one down on the right is a verb?Without revealing which 4 I think I have in those 2 quarters,can anyone help with those remaining 17 (!) without necessarily revealing any complete answers?The "normal" 4 down I already have.Desperate,but so pleased to have got this far alone!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 11:32
Sorry,it's only (!) fifteen I need help with!
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 12:10
No help available?Then I'll be more precise!In bottom left corner,Are CHINA,CRAFT,ALIAS & NACRE all correct?Are REARS & THERE possibly also candidates?And in bottom right corner,can anyone confirm AMATI & PRINT?Otherwise still lost.Is anyone awake out there?On the other forum,someone found it all too easy hours ago!Still optimistic.Perhaps Chips is still there at least...
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

ajt1

25th August 2011, 12:28
I'm here, greedy kite, but it doesn't seem possible to give much help with this. I have the two left-hand quarters complete (I think) but still working on the rest
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

ajt1

25th August 2011, 12:33
greedy kite - if china is your answer to the third clue in quarter 4, I have something different, which I think is more appropriate
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 12:47
Thank you for the tip,AJT1.Can I assume,then,that the other three I mentioned for bottom left are correct at least,though their positions may now have to be changed?Also,on "Muslim food",is it HALAL after all?And how about REARS & THERE?That would help me to catch up at least!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

ajt1

25th August 2011, 12:54
I can't help you much, greedy kite, as what you're working on for the bottom left I'm thinking is another quarter - but I could well be wrong.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 13:04
How about MAILS for chain-letters?And is the long one ------CRAFT,SAVER or WIPER?
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th August 2011, 14:26
To continue my almost-monologue:only bottom left still to do.Have only AMATI & PRINT,still not sure of the last part of the long one:probably CRAFT?Surely someone can afford a hint to some of the last 7?Or is everyone out/on holiday/asleep today?
10 of 13  -   Report This Post