CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

23rd August 2011, 20:37
Good Evening All.

Thank you for all the good wishes expressed in RT 34. I am home now, ugly as ever, and in good spirits.

Normally, I get the RT crosswords done in around an hour, but RT34 was started last Wednesday and finished last night (with help from Charlotte, for which I thank her).

Anyway, 35 is back to normal. Some interesting clues to test the memory.

Hope all are well, and enjoying what is left of our summer.

Best wishes.

P
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd August 2011, 21:03
Good evening to you too Pipesmoker.
I will be picking up my copy tomorrow.
Pleased to hear you are in good spirits (are they the liquid kind ?) my little joke..

J
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

old gal

23rd August 2011, 21:39
Hello Pipesmoker and Jazzgirl - thanks for all your tips last week J - helped me finish. I couldn't contribute to the forum as I had problems logging in and had to apply to Ash for help. When I told my daughter my problem she burst out laughing, took me aside, and gently told me the answer!!!!! Ash was kinder and at least didn't make me feel such an idiot! Looked at this week's puzzle and have made a start but will doubtless seek help later. See you soon
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd August 2011, 21:44
Hello old Gal
I think quite a lot of us had to ask Ash for help !! Good that we all have a sense of humour. Keep up the good work.
Till later in the week...
J
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

nimrod

24th August 2011, 11:51
Good morning all!
Straight forward enough this week with exception of 1D, it took a long time to pick up the significance of "Dundee"
Really liked 7A, 24A & 3D.
Regards,
NIMROD
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th August 2011, 15:34
Good day Nimrod
I didn't find it all straight-forward !! I have finished, but had to search for the Italian; the actor also took some while.
1d re Dundee...once you get the connection, it fell into place!
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th August 2011, 15:39
Just started...have a few.

Very intrigued about the Dundee clue.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

charlotte

24th August 2011, 20:05
First of all best wishes to Pipesmoker and old gal.Hope you are both well.

I cant get started with RT35.I think my brain is in hibernation. Will probably need help later..

Cheers,Charlotte
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

old gal

24th August 2011, 22:10
I, too, am intrigued by the Dundee comment - is it cake shaped? The Italian I got quite soon because I am old enough to remember a book of his which was quite popular for a while! I feel I will need some help re 8a also - sounds technical. Come on guys! Help an old lady.....
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th August 2011, 09:28
Hello old gal
Hope you are feeling in good shape today along with everyone else.
I can tell you Dundee has nothing to do with cakes (more to do with films);)
10 of 33  -   Report This Post