CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

19th August 2011, 20:52
When trying to log-on earlier, I was asked to re-register and use my password. An e-mail was then sent to me and I verified it. I can't remember the reason given at the time but it was something to do with abuse of the site.

Anyone else had that?
1 of 27  -   Report This Post

ari

19th August 2011, 20:54
Yes. And this site seemed shaky. Duplicated email and 15 mins for access.
2 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2011, 21:04
The new registration system is obviously for everyone, as I and another regular have had to do the same i.e. verifying by an email link.
I can't remember the exact words, but the reason given was "due to the continuing abuse of the forum". Hopefully it will improve things
3 of 27  -   Report This Post

vincelegrau

19th August 2011, 21:05
Yes Wendy and the same reason given, and having read some of the threads for the last two days ,its propably overdue,so much personal abuse!!
4 of 27  -   Report This Post

mamya

19th August 2011, 21:57
If it goes any way towards getting this site back to how it used to be, then I welcome it.
5 of 27  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th August 2011, 22:02
Hiya folks. I emailed Ash to ask if there was a way of preventing people from using multiple identities on the site. I admit that I have probably overreacted to some of the posts, but hopefully this will go some way to getting the site back to what it was.
6 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2011, 22:13
I had also contacted him asking why there was no email verification link, as used on other forums. I am pretty sure some others here had done the same, as he has finally taken action :)
7 of 27  -   Report This Post

19th August 2011, 22:16
i think you are right jazzgirl, it was becoming a bit of a free-for-all. I admit that I shouldn't have reacted, but they make me so mad.
8 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2011, 22:20
sallyw, I admit to being a bit of a joker at times, but I've always had a good sense of humour. YOu have to, to see you through the bad bits of life.
9 of 27  -   Report This Post

19th August 2011, 22:22
Thank you jazzgirl, but I really do owe my friends on this site an apology. Being unwell, I think I have probably overreacted to these people.
10 of 27  -   Report This Post