CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

neilm

18th August 2011, 11:27
Having been critical of late of the Times puzzle I feel moved to commend them on todays edition. Good clues with a tinge of humour. Worth a visit.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

wendy

18th August 2011, 12:38
Thanks for that Neil.

Does one have to pay for it? We used to pay £25 p.a. for timesonline but when we realised the FT and Guardian were free we cancelled our subscription.

Tried the Indy again recently but although free, one can't print it.

We're tight-a*sed, of course!!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

rosie

18th August 2011, 12:42
I hadn't realised you could get the FT crossword free.
Can you provide the link please?
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

neilm

18th August 2011, 13:25
Wendy.
Yes, sadly you do have to pay but if the standard of today is maintained I think it is worth it. Having said that I would still like the FT link if you have it.
I will still do The Times out of habit as I have done for the last thirty-odd years, but a change is as good as a rest!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

wendy

18th August 2011, 13:52
Here it is and is printable if you click in the appropriate place

http://www.ft.com/intl/arts/crossword

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords

Have included the Guardian because it also has a Genius crossword (usually far too difficult for me) and Everyman (from The Observer)
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

18th August 2011, 14:18
Sorry to hijack your site NeilM...
Psst Wendy ! Are you still around? I can't do thingy 3 at all. My limit is the Sunday Times and sometimes The Times and Guardian but I can't do the thingy. Have got several ideas for some of the words but there would be so many permutations that I'd never get the anagrams. I think we did quite well the last time but this one has me beat.
Cheers J
Thank you for sending the links - I will use them.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

wendy

18th August 2011, 14:20
I'm here but somewhat relieved to hear that it's not only me who's got a problem with the Thingy3.

Wondering where trevor, terry, sally and the rest of our clever clogs are.

HELP NEEDED!!!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

18th August 2011, 14:26
Hi Wendy,
Thea said it would be the easiest so far so I feel a bit inadequate. I think a lot of these quizzes should be tested out on nearest and dearest first or at least someone good at puzzles before it's inflicted on us.
Going to have to bow out this time I think - not on my wave length.
Cheers
Julie
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

neilm

18th August 2011, 14:30
Hey Never give up!!!
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

18th August 2011, 14:37
Are you working on it too? That's good news I thought it might just Wendy and I.
At least there will be a result after all Thea's efforts.

Oh Hi Thea,
I didn't see you there.
I'm not giving up.

10 of 13  -   Report This Post