CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

16th August 2011, 01:20
Have they gone?
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

mamya

16th August 2011, 02:19
Who??
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

the joker

16th August 2011, 04:13
Mamya
A bit of bother last night on two or three of the threads.
Two men and their dog and hopefully now gone forever.
TJ
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

susan

16th August 2011, 08:36
Hello, whatever happened there? I declared what a lovely bunch we are, enquired as to the meaning of "pillock" (well, I thought it was funny) and trotted off to bed. I'm certainly not a cretin and most of the people on this site aren't either. Not sure what makes people so nasty but I really wonder if halting the thread might be the only way to make them go away. Have a lovely day, all you cheery chums.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

16th August 2011, 09:38
Hi susan, pillock was funny! Fed up of iamme and the rest spoiling a perfectly ggod site.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

susan

16th August 2011, 10:01
Hi sallyw, hope you're having a good day, in spite of the drizzly weather. I know we've said it before but I wonder if the only way to put rude people off is to COMPLETELY ignore their comments, simply carry on as though they hadn't been posted. Either that or all reasonable people make a unanimous decision that the rude comment is the very last on the thread. I don't know if that's a plan with legs or not. I've had some real laughs on this site and lots of crossword help. Musn't let it go to waste by discouragement from a few dingbats. Keep smiling, all you cheery chums!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

16th August 2011, 10:38
Yes Susan,
Glad I missed it! I completely agreed with ALL your comments - totally ignore and never rise to the bait. Last night's episode reminded me of one from the old Basil Fawlty series when the Psychiatrist says "There's enough material there for an entire Conference" . or words to that effect. Have a good day - heading for the hills.
J
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

susan

16th August 2011, 10:43
Hi Julie, Excellent, that's better. Back to normal. Good old Fawlty Towers and general fruitcakery. Have a great day in them thar hills. Bye for now
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

16th August 2011, 11:18
Hi susan hope you arre well. I could be better, but on the other hand could be worse. You are right about ignoring the likes of iamme etc. but what annoyed me yesterday was when Hugger - a newcomer to the site - posted a question which was met by totally unwarranted verbal abuse by iamme. So I deicede to give iamme some bakc. iamme, like most bullies, can dish it out,but can't take it. I am tired of her abusing people for no good reason then going for the sympathy vote. A few weeks ago she said that she had been diagnosed with Alzheimers, and previously has claimed various ailments, some potentially terminal. Julie, love the Fawlty Towers reference - it did rather decend into farce.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

susan

16th August 2011, 13:01
Hi sallyw, loved your little story about the scruffy dog. Hope you feel better soon. Don't let the weirdos get to you. Yours was a noble attempt to turn the thread into something more lighthearted and you are obviously more aware of the history behind it than me. Well done and it wasn't wasted (I laughed!) but maybe today you need to lie down in a darkened room! Bye for now.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post