CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

16th July 2009, 20:36
Talking of which, how would you describe that which issues from the maw of Robert Peston the BBC's financial correspondent? "Spouting" seems like a good description although "totally meaningless" would also fit the bill.

Coming back on topic, another variable RT crossword this week. Some quite clever clues and some very poor but mostly mediocre. For example:

12A. Sofa for city runners. - CHESTERFIELD

What is the significance of the "runners" in that clue?
11 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

16th July 2009, 20:54
The city is CHESTER. Runners are the FIELD (as in horse racing).
12 of 44  -   Report This Post

bees

17th July 2009, 12:14
Oh Good, I've been wondering about that!
Mind you, I get distracted by the young lady lying across the bottom of the screen, my mind wanders before I get all the way through "Chesterfied".
13 of 44  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th July 2009, 14:32
Yes, I just did that Google thing that doesn't sound right and found that Chesterfield is only a town with a twisted spire and not a city after all. Thanks terry for putting me right and Bees, just hold on until the thread gets to more than one page, as the young lady only appears on the first one and after that you get mobile phones.
14 of 44  -   Report This Post

bees

17th July 2009, 21:00
She's gone! Now where was I? Oh yes, I'm stuck on 5D Run animal over ?L?W I have FLOW, but I'm not convinced. Any better ideas?
15 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

17th July 2009, 21:04
looks good.

water runs/flows. Wolf (over)= flow.
16 of 44  -   Report This Post

trevor

17th July 2009, 21:04
wolf backwards.
17 of 44  -   Report This Post

bees

17th July 2009, 21:10
Thanks chaps! I never thought of putting a wolf into reverse, that's a howling success. I've also checked that this site doesn't send you an e-mail when you post to your own thread. Clever, innit?
18 of 44  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th July 2009, 21:15
Well, now you've upset me. This site has never sent me an email since I joined. Could it be the Cabernet or perhaps the cocoa that's to blame?
19 of 44  -   Report This Post

bees

17th July 2009, 21:47
John, You are a little out of the way up there. Are you sure that you are actually connected to the internet and not hallucinating all this? Never mind the Cabernet, it could be a severe case of Dewar's flu.
(Don't worry, I don't understand this either).
20 of 44  -   Report This Post