CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

monroe

10th August 2011, 14:36
Sorry, meant Weds, not Tues! Still need help with 8D, 13A and 18D if anyone can help. Thanks
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

paul

10th August 2011, 16:05
clues please!
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

cluemeister

10th August 2011, 16:08
Monroe, if you don't have the time, energy or inclination to give the clues, letters etc, I hope people here don't have the time,energy or inclination to give you the answers!
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

paul

10th August 2011, 16:18
Well, I have sourced a copy of the Mail;, please in future put down the clues so anyone without the paper ( and that's the vast majority of people) can help you!

13a Doctor unified NHS but it's not over yet (10)
UNFINISHED

8d Silence hotter office equipment? (8)
SHREDDER

18d Money-grubbing American's incensed heading off (8)
?
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

paul

10th August 2011, 16:19
Cluemeister - at least a small morsel for you to get your teeth into!
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

cluemeister

10th August 2011, 16:39
Thanks,paul - it infuriates me when people can't be bothered to give adequate information, clues etc. Even if I have the relevant newspaper to hand, I don't help - petty, I know, but strangely satisfying!
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry as was

10th August 2011, 21:24
18d. usurious. us + (f)urious.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

wendy

10th August 2011, 21:36
Paul, knowing you're awaiting a Very Important Person I won't grumble too much, but why do you use the word "sourced"? What ever happened to the good old-fashioned words like "got" or "found" or even "stole"?

Ever the pedant, (tee hee - please forgive an old woman!)

8 of 14  -   Report This Post

paul

10th August 2011, 22:56
Hi Wendy! Hope you are well. As far as I was concerned "sourced" implied a certain amount of research and effort, thereby driving home the salient point to the poster.

Perhaps some of the feral gentleman we've been seeing on the news of late are only angry because they cannot agree whether they are "sourcing" "obtaining" or "acquiring" their hard-earned goodies!
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

monroe

11th August 2011, 22:04
Apologies to those people I have irked by not putting down the clues. I am new to this forum and just assumed that only people doing the DM crosswords would be interested in helping. Thank you to all those who helped - Cluemeister, your hostile reply is likely to put new people like me off using this forum - I thought the idea was to be helpful not reprimanding.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DM Weds