CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

9th August 2011, 16:45

Good afternoon all.
Not too difficult this week but as usual the last clue (12a) had me in trouble for quite a while.
Best wishes to all. How are you doing Old Gal
N
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th August 2011, 17:18
Hello all
re crossword 32 - Good to see that Chris Mart has now changed 6d to what we thought was correct !
I will pick up my copy on Wednesday.
All good wishes to old gal.
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

old gal

9th August 2011, 18:08
Hi Navigator and Jazzgirl - thanks for your enquiries. Am feeling much stronger this week and actually enjoyed having a good houseclean. Felt a sad old git so opened the RT - as usually mind a blank but I will creep up on it again. See you later.
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th August 2011, 18:24
Old Gal,

Just because I haven't made a contribution in recent weeks doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about you. Grit your teeth and keep fighting!

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

nimrod

10th August 2011, 09:58
Good morning all!
Nice to hear from Caravaggio.
Struggled to work out 10A, even though I "knew" the answer - until finally the penny dropped.
Liked 9A, 10A, 19D & 20D.
Regards
NIMROD
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th August 2011, 11:46
Good morning, all.

Took me a while to get to the Frence wine. It looked like Dubonnet at first. I don't even know if that is the correct spelling, but Bonn as a capital, and du being French for of the (or something), I thought I had it cracked. Still, a good night's sleep, and all is well.

Hope you are all well, especially old gal, and any others who are suffering.

P
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th August 2011, 11:46
Nimrod,

Thank you for your good wishes and I do hope that you're keeping well. As you probably noted, I had a problem for a few weeks as I couldn't access the Forum through Internet Explorer and my son Adam recommended Google Chrome. Much to his amusement, I confessed to him that I was totally oblivious of the fact that one could have two browsers installed at the same time...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

charlotte

10th August 2011, 22:04
After a slow start,last night I completed most of the Xword.However I am stuck at the bottom right-hand corner.I just can't see 24A, 17D, 19D, 20D. Any help gratefully received.Thanks,Charlotte
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

big h

10th August 2011, 22:54
Charlotte,24A think of the Wild West.17D the 1st & last 2 letters Are the explosive and the middle bit is the "be a passenger",19d I havn,t got yet, 20d is a country an anagram of enemy. Big H
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th August 2011, 08:14
Charlotte
19d Group - think of a group of musicians. Insert the King Mark = there is only one letter for this.
10 of 40  -   Report This Post