CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 03:17
Could someone please help out....

I cannot decide whether to put SAKE or SAVE for the question BENEFIT....SA?E

Reasoning: advantage or sake: this is for your benefit/sake or help, aid, assist, save...

Any help would be appreciated....
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th August 2011, 03:30
Obviously SAKE in my opinion.Can't see what SAVE would really have to do with "benefit",if that was the whole clue.From one insomniac to the other(unless you live on the other side of the world,of course).
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 03:44
Thanks greedy kite, I had the same thought, but when you start questioning and searching for answers you can get a bit confused, especially when others tell you it’s something other than what you’re thinking……Yes, insomniac I am, but since it’s 12.40pm over here at the moment (Australia), I’d say I’m on the other side of the world to you…….so where are you?
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th August 2011, 04:03
In the south of France,near Toulouse,happily retired with wife & charming Siamese kitten.Enough?
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 04:27
Yes, thank you greedy kite, great thing this internet….when it’s used to help others……just nice to know where people are from when communicating……..I usually post questions at some ridiculous hour since I hardly ever sleep these days, I usually get help from people in England……so someone from France is a first for me……. Thanks again…..
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th August 2011, 04:53
Was that a local Australian paper crossword you were doing?I agree,Internet fascinating,apart from occasional typical macho squabbles on these forums.Never had a computer till 2 years ago,when we moved here to this isolated nest in the country with a fantastic view of the Pyrenees.By the way,I get so angry with myself for still buying the Sunday Times just to be able to do the puzzles there(not available online without paying,but good ones),thus further enriching your fellow-countryman Murdoch and all his lying crew.Ever felt slightly schizophrenic yourself???!!!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 07:42
Even though I’m a female, I like doing the crosswords in a man’s weekly girly mag called People. There are three main crosswords each varies in prize money, $250, $500 and the monthly jackpot draw of $1,000. I also do the crosswords in the other girly mag called Picture and numerous other mags and puzzle books, Reader’s Digest, Lovatts etc….. I post my answers and offer help on two puzzle sites, so people can check their answers before posting off their entry coupons for the competitions……just something I started doing after my husband worked out of our 23 year marriage…… I really like helping others, so I’ve turned into a puzzle maniac…… I also live in a remote area, 8 hours or more drive from any major city, so I couldn’t do without my computer now.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 09:23
Just in case you’re still there greedy kite, I don’t buy newspapers anymore, got sick of reading the rubbish they go on with, the only paper I buy now is our local town rag……
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th August 2011, 10:00
I'm still there,though just off to massive annual "Hunters' Feast" here in rural SW France.Goes on for 6 hours al fresco and you come home completely exhausted,bloated.Maybe keep in touch...
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

7th August 2011, 18:16
Hope you enjoyed the Hunters’ Feast, did a search after you mentioned it……what a wonderful idea that is, over here we just have our usual Sunday roast family get together. I usually don’t login to this site unless I need help, so if you would like to keep in touch, you can always find me on http://www.minti.com/groups/48020/New-Idea-TV-Week-Comp-Mag-plus/ , which is one of the puzzle sites I post answers on, just look for qwerty55. Great chatting with you greedy kite……and thank you once again for helping solve my question…..
10 of 11  -   Report This Post