CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

6th August 2011, 17:55
I don't understand the state of play on today's Guardian Cryptic:is there any point in sending in the correct solution with a note about the error in 20d,or are all entries invalid?Has the paper responded at all,or what are you assuming?Surely someone has heard some kind of decision?
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

6th August 2011, 18:00
sorry - not had a reply apart from the acknowledgement of my email.
Send it in with erioca for the answer & write on that you think there is mistake there??
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

6th August 2011, 18:30
i don't see any justification for ERIOCA,any more in the end than for my original suggestion EVINCE (which I have already explained),so I sent it in like that with the request that if--as has proven true,I presume--the error (by Paul)was confirmed,my alternative EROICA should be treated as valid.Do you think that was sensible,or what else can I do now?Is it normal,from your observations over the years,that the setter or newspaper takes so long to respond at the weekend?Hope you don't find me too insistent,but I find the status quo intolerable and,frankly,slightly amazing under the circumstances.I mailed them twice to no avail also,by the way.Would appreciate your opinion.
3 of 3  -   Report This Post