CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

5th August 2011, 14:03
3dn As an expert viewer, join team for broadcast (4-4) l???/eyed 19ac Patch half Ruth's back pockets (4) t?r? (I just KNOW I'm going to kick myself when I see the answer!)
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

mrs grundy

5th August 2011, 14:04
Lynx eyed.
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

mrs grundy

5th August 2011, 14:05
Turf, backward in clue.
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

5th August 2011, 14:09
Thank you Mrs Grundy. I am now going to kick myself!
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

mrs grundy

5th August 2011, 14:16
Oh no, Sally, it was a bit tricky today.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

5th August 2011, 14:20
Mrs Grundy I am still struggling with it. Will leave it for a while then try again.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

neilm

5th August 2011, 15:09
Not only was it tricky I thought it was overly obtuse.
I admit I had to go to the solver to get 4 across using every other letter from other solutions. Even then it took me some time to work out the rationale.
I defy anyone to work out the answer to..
Dry clothing rushed around hospital's parts (8)
without supporting letters.
Before it is said, I appreciate that the whole point of cryptics is exercising the thinking process but I think this was too far. Having said that I feel chuffed I got it even though it was a flight of luck it crossed my mind rather than a spark of genius!
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

5th August 2011, 15:13
Hi Neilm. Got 4ac, but can't see the wordplay I'm afraid. The bottom right corner is still eluding me, but I will keep at it.
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

mrs grundy

5th August 2011, 15:16
Neil, 4a was my last one in. It was a fairly tough test today, though. The island in 9 was new to me.
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

5th August 2011, 15:22
Finished it! Can honestly say thatI have never come across 17dn before. I have noticed that the Times crosswords seem to be more challenging recently - or perhaps it's just me.
10 of 20  -   Report This Post