CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

5th August 2011, 11:45
Could you please send the "word" document Spectator X-wd to my address,too:maurice.puttick@orange.fr.Many thanks:can't get it where I live!
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

chips

5th August 2011, 11:48
One of the usual suppliers, mintyman, has given his usual link on Answerbank - it's in the third page of the relevant Spectator post. This information's just in case you're very keen to get on with the puzzle!
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th August 2011, 12:30
Many thanks,chips!Seeing how popular the offer has become,is there help anywhere in either forum for beginners on this one in particular?Haven't found any so far,but maybe I missed out on something.Otherwise will have to pluck up courage and try it all alone:it was recommended to me years ago by a guy who continually won prizes,but I never got round to finding it until now.Which day of the week does minty generally post the new one?
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

chips

5th August 2011, 12:46
Mintyman usually posts (on AB) about 7.30am, bu t he's abroad and said it'd be about lunchtime before he could give the link. Fortunately for all the addicts, someone else(dja...) stepped in yesterday!
This week's puzzle was certainl doable - a lot easier than some recent offerings.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th August 2011, 13:26
OK,but which day?Have been out of Britain so long,I've forgotten which day the S.appears:Thursday?Friday?Have aready got 11 solutions,but there was some discussion somewhere,wasn't there?Seem to remember someone explaining 6d.This is presumably last week's,Nr 2025,right?Would appreciate interpretation of introductory 2 sentences,too,by the way.You're my only mentor at the moment!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

chips

5th August 2011, 13:45
Sorry, I should have said - yes, it's a Thursday the Spectator posts begin. Subscribers and people in the south can get the puzzle then - here in Edinburgh it's Friday before the Spectator is in theshops.
This week's puzzle is 2025. The preamble is very difficult to explain without giving too much away. I'll give you a wee nudge - 2D and 41 A make up one 'pair',26 and 27 A make another.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th August 2011, 16:48
In case anyone's still looking here:with your help I finished it in about 4 hours on first ever attempt.Not that bad,I hope.Several new words for me & generally witty,I thought.My latest drug!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post