CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kilowatt

29th July 2011, 09:25
I always thought I was pretty good at crosswords but reading this forum I am amazed at the ingenuity of you all and realise I have a lot to learn.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

29th July 2011, 09:48
Hi kilowatt, the best place to learn is here. There are so many excellint contributors, who are happy to assist and explain. I have learnt a lot from using this site, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

29th July 2011, 09:54
Some of the contributors brains must be far more convoluted than mine.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

the riddler

29th July 2011, 10:01
Not really any more convoluted. It's mostly years of practice with the clues coming around again eventually. If you want to see how the clues work you could try some of the specific sites. For instance 'Big Dave's Crossword Blog' gives a daily breakdown of the way the Daily Telegraph clues work and is very helpful. There are also others for The Times, Indie etc all the way up to the evil weekend 'barred' crosswords. Now they really are convoluted! Nil Desperandum!
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

29th July 2011, 10:15
Thanks Riddler, I will certainly try what you suggest.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

nytram

29th July 2011, 11:19
welcome kilowatt! enjoy the forum! !lla yb dah nuf doog.Nytram.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

29th July 2011, 16:28
Welcome kilowatt, I am a relative newbie too, and got such a warm welcome on the site that I'm glad to be able to pass it on. I agree about the cleverness of some of the people on here; I stumbled on the site while stuck on a tricky crossword and was amazed at the ingenuity (and generosity) of others with their help.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

pastille

29th July 2011, 23:02
An other wellycomb Kilowatt (did I just spell that right?)

Do not fear I ventured on to this site about 9 months ago. I have learned so much.

Very occasionally I can help others and it feels good, but basically, just enjoy the commraderie ...this is not spelt right! spell-checker not helping...but you know what I mean.

Way 2 much of the wino...

Take care

p@
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

tonyw

29th July 2011, 23:07
Have you been drinking Pastille!!!!
Naughty you,you'll never catch me doing that.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post