CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

26th July 2011, 11:18
Stuck in top right corner, so need a little bit of a nudge. 5dn No American? The reverse (5) ??y??
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry as was

26th July 2011, 11:21
Mayan?
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2011, 11:21
could it be Hayes >(Rutherford Hayes US president)
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrisg

26th July 2011, 11:22
nay am - Mayan
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

26th July 2011, 11:23
Thank you all, thought Mayan, but couldn't think how it fitted thee clue.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2011, 13:12
I'm still laughing at my attempt at cryptics. I would have chosen the name crypticvirgin, but someone beat me to it. My late husband was brilliant at solving. I used to look at his answers and was completely baffled. He said I should stick to what I know, so I retreated to the kitchen ! I only started doing cryptics about 3 weeks ago and found the link that someone posted helpful, but I'm still not paying attention . Thanks to all the "brains" on this forum, especially yourself sally , I am slowly starting to get the hang of it (I think !) :0)
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

26th July 2011, 13:21
Hi jazzgirl. The main thing is that you enjoy trying to solve them. I've been doing cryptics for years, but I have always found word association crosswords difficult to solve. What I like about this site is the diversity of contributors, and the humour. Keep solving, cryptics - like most things - get easier with practice. You will start to see the patterns that emerge for different words and phrases, and also get a "feel" for different compilers. And as you know there is usually someone who is ablee to provide help and explanations when needed.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

26th July 2011, 13:22
PS jazzgirl - that was actually a pretty cryptic answer! ;0)
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2011, 13:29
Thanks sally for your encouragement. :)
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th July 2011, 13:32
Was it ??!! lol
10 of 18  -   Report This Post