CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

barrycat

23rd July 2011, 14:01
Hello good people. Had to tell you all my good news. I can still do the splits. Unfortunately I found this out an hour ago when I was changing the bed. Being the domestic goddess that I am, I dumped the pillows and quilt on the floor, stepped on them, slipped, took out a wardrobe door handle, a curtain tie back and the metal thingy that holds the tie back in place. While lying amongst the debris of our bedroom, he who thinks he's boss came in and asked if I'd torn the wallpaper!!!!!! But on the bright side, I CAN STILL DO THE SPLITS. Today the crossword forum, next year ZZ list celebrity on ice. All sympathy greatly accepted.
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

23rd July 2011, 14:08
Ouch! My eyes are watering! hope that the only thing damaged was your pride! xx
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

chrisg

23rd July 2011, 14:16
Thank you for sharing this with us Barrycat! It certainly made me laugh, albeit I trust you haven't hurt yourself
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

barrycat

23rd July 2011, 14:26
Yep, the only damage is to my pride, my wardrobe, my curtains, my back, my leg, my wrist,my something unmentionable and if he who thinks he's boss makes one more sarcastic remark, my marriage. I CAN DO THE SPLITS!!!! Did I mention that already?
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd July 2011, 14:47
Barrycat...Thank you...

I have been crying with laughter!

Your description was hilarious...And I for one are very impressed to know you can still do THE SPLITS.

Glad you are not hurt. A couple of winters ago I tried to avoid standing on some ice, step on to some slush and did a "semi-split",landing quite gracefully on a knee.There was no one around to give applause unfortunately.

Ended up with a groin strain! Until then I was not aware that women had a groin to strain.

Have you thought about entering Britain Got Talent?

Worth a go...

p@ x

5 of 40  -   Report This Post

suki

23rd July 2011, 14:48
Hi Barrycat

Your graphic description of your mishap did make me chuckle so get he who thinks he's boss to cook dinner as you are incapacitated nursing your dignity.
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

barrycat

23rd July 2011, 14:49
Only if I'm allowed to take my own props Pastille.
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

susan

23rd July 2011, 14:51
Poor Barrycat, your little mishap must have given you quite a shock. We give you full permission to put your feet up and enjoy today's Jumbo Cryptic, while Mr. Wallpaperman brings you cups of tea to help you recover. In fact, we think he should give you the day off and he can prepare supper tonight. Bye for now.
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd July 2011, 14:53
Sorry Barrycat...

Just reread your last thread (this time without the tears of laughter...just giggling.)

You did hurt yourself...is the "unmentionable"youryouknowwhat?

Have to go allotmentering now. You rest up.

Take care...I mean it. Housework can be dangerous.

p@

9 of 40  -   Report This Post

barrycat

23rd July 2011, 14:53
Hi Susan, he does all the cooking! Didn't marry me for my cooking skills. After all these years, not quite sure why he married me. My acrobatic skills in the bedroom, perhaps?
10 of 40  -   Report This Post