CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ejay

11th July 2009, 14:02
Stabilizer in the town centre (8 letters - fifth letter 'H'
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

kaz

11th July 2009, 14:09
Could it be Lothian
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

11th July 2009, 14:34
Probably not as that is only 7 letters with "H" in the wrong position. My offer would be BURGHEAD, but here is a list of others you can choose from:

BANCHORY
BARRHEAD
GLASHVIN
HARTHILL
LARKHALL
ROSKHILL
WESTHILL

There may be others.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

11th July 2009, 14:38
As John d'A listed: BANCHORY which does have the word 'anchor' (stabilizer) in it?

JimC
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

11th July 2009, 18:23
Well spotted JimC. I was thinking or BURG as a town, but wasn't convinced about the HEAD as a stabiliser.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

11th July 2009, 18:35
Thanks John.

You had done all the hard work (using your local knowledge / home advantage, I think) and then I annoyingly just popped in and did the last 1%.

If I were in your place on this one, I'd be cussin' and swearing and kicking the dog. However, take heart! Any annoyance that you may have suffered will have been counterbalanced by my happiness, thus showing once again that nothing can be created or destroyed, only redistributed.

best Wishes.
JimC
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

al t

12th July 2009, 12:26
Excuse my ignorance but what do the B and Y stand for, how do they represent the town centre?
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

12th July 2009, 17:23
Hi Al T.

I see where you're coming from on this but I don't think that this clue is so rigorous that the B & Y need to be accounted for. The 'anchor' occupying the middle of the town's name of 'Banchory' seems to satisfy the clue.

I may be wrong though!

JimC
8 of 8  -   Report This Post