CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tinkerbelle

15th July 2011, 09:19
On The Amblers Thingy2 (or something like that) I've got neither a reply box nor a New Thread box. That's using Firefox, which has an advert running right down the middle of the page.

With IE, I don't get the advert but still not boxes at the bottom.

Anyone else the same?
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

siamcat

15th July 2011, 09:34
I'm using Firefox as well. The boxes have elongated, so you have to scroll across to get to the end for the posted date/time and the report thingy.

Now have a "next" and "previous" button on the threads that I haven't noticed before. Another good idea.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

15th July 2011, 09:39
Yes mine's done the same Siamcat. I'm using Firefox too, vers. 5.0.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

tinkerbelle

15th July 2011, 09:45
Thanks Siamcat - it only happens on that particular thread. I reckon it must be to do with that particular advert.

I thought we'd always had a "next" and a "Previous" button, providing there was more than one page to a thread (i.e. more than 10 replies so that we start a new page)

p.s. This is really Wendy, I was trying out how to register with a different name and yes, it does have to be a differenct e-mail address as Trevor said.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

15th July 2011, 09:48
I think that pastilles row of question marks have actually caused it to elongate, I've seen it done before on other posts.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

siamcat

15th July 2011, 09:53
Hi Wendy

Thought it might still be you with the Peter Pan theme, lol.

Yes, think I'm just having a senior moment with the next and previous buttons.

All other threads seem to be ok, but I use NoScript as well, so only get the iPhone App ad on here now.

6 of 12  -   Report This Post

15th July 2011, 09:54
If you do this for instance////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////it stretches out the thread.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

15th July 2011, 09:55
Or maybe not! Oh well, back to the drawing board!
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

wendy

15th July 2011, 10:14
I like the question mark theory too. Let's see using hyundreds of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

wendy

15th July 2011, 10:15
OK, Pastille and I will have to sit on the naughty step!
10 of 12  -   Report This Post