CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

12th July 2011, 10:24
Good morning all. I hope that you all had a good weekend. Old Gal, I hope that there was nothing "dippy" about yours!
After the trauma of last week's puzzle I
intended to do much better this week and I
have been rewarded with what seems to be
a much easier RT 29. A 90 minute job.
With best wishes
N
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

karen

12th July 2011, 16:27
Afternoon all.
Hi Navigator,I found the RT rather pleasing this week,so no hair has been pulled out! Liked a lot of the clues seems to be a lot of humour-or is that just me?-well several brought a smile to my face anyway!
Best to all Karenx
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2011, 17:00
Hi, all. Yes, much easier this week. I think that we deserve a break after the time it took to complete 28.

Best wishes to Old Gal. Hope your anchor is holding in the storms of life.

P
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

molly

12th July 2011, 18:08
Hooray hooray - still only Tuesday and I have done it all except for 19d for which I have 3 possible, but not convincingly plausible, answers.
So, yes it must be really easy this week...
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

molly

12th July 2011, 18:17
Got it! A completely different word to my speculative 3. Oh, what shall I do tomorrow...
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

bees

12th July 2011, 20:25
Before I forget, congratulations to Karen's daughter on her MSc.
Now - back to the crossword!
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

teapot

12th July 2011, 22:20
Thanks Pastille and Pipesmoker for the acknowledgements on previous forum. 28 was blooming difficult, but the clue I got straight away was 12a! Not sure what that says about me and my viewing habits. Finally got an RT yesterday, but you lot are all on number 29 already. I can't keep up.
You were right about Murphy, the black blob UFO, Pipesmoker. He's a spoilt cat and lives the life of Riley - so it doesn't hurt him to give us a week off pandering to his every need.
I really must stop this nattering and try to say something intelligent about the crosswords.
How doing, Old Gal?
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

wee jock

13th July 2011, 12:52
Howdy Folks

Finished RT29 late last night and contrary to what most of you clever folk have said I found this one,if not difficult, then irritatingly awkward and mostly made up of
'bits and pieces' clues not very wittily put
together.Having just slogged my way through it I didnt get satisfied feeling of having done a good job.
Ah well, horses for courses,as they say for ,strangely enough, I thought that last weeks RT28,which some of you top of the class folk voiced as being difficult,, was right up my street.
It' a funny old world!
LOVE ANND BEST TO OLD GAL AND PIPESMOKER AND ALL
NUFF SAID THE NOO
MUST RUSH
WJ

8 of 22  -   Report This Post

old gal

13th July 2011, 18:12
Hi all and my congrats to Karen's daughter - dont we have clever children! Thanks to all for your good wishes - had a better w/e and visited a lavender farm in the Cotswolds and strolled round Broadway. Nice to be out and about. Managed quite well with this week's Xword but sometimes cant fit my answers to the clues so must check them off when I get the RT with the answers in. How is Caravaggio - not heard from him in a while so hope all is well. Hints for 20a and 19d would be appreciated.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

karen

13th July 2011, 18:37
Hi old gal, lovely to hear your had a pleasant weekend,and hope you have a good week.
re 20a)Think this 'resentment' may turn you green.
21d) Another word for abundant. A person who likes a drink is sometimes refered to as this (think I have) Tee-hee!
Thank you for congrats from yourself and Bees for my daughter.
Best to allxxx
10 of 22  -   Report This Post