CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

10th July 2011, 08:38
Just a reminder that the Master Crossword Compiler will be on Desert Island Discs today on Radio 4 at 11.15
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

twm

10th July 2011, 09:44
Well done, Wendy! I just heard this on the Radio -I'll miss the programme, as I'll be out Hashing, but hope to catch it through one of the 'listen again' facilities.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

wendy

10th July 2011, 10:05
Unfortunately I too will be out, but I'm all prepared!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/find-a-castaway
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th July 2011, 13:35
Programme was very interesting, choice of music was good, but the presence of Procol Harem was a surprise.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

wendy

10th July 2011, 13:39
I only caught the first 15 mins and am eagerly looking forward to "listening again". He told us he uses scrabble tiles when compiling anagrams - why didn't I think of that!!
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

10th July 2011, 13:48
Hi Pipesmoker,
I didn't dare answer your cat's cushion thread while the programme was on air! I was surprised that there wasn't something from musicals, films, jazz etc., which I understand are among his other interests. Thought King's College would feature but I was disappointed in his choice. Enjoyed the programme though.
The morning service was from Arran.
Cheers
Julie
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

tony

10th July 2011, 13:49
I was a bit surprised with the clue he quoted as his favourite, among all the thousands he'd set!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th July 2011, 15:39
Hi, Julie,

Quite a range of interests for a ninety year old. I was actually in my dotage when I was twenty four, and haven't improved any since. Some Mozart would certainly have gone down well with me.

Usually, I flit between stations on a Sunday morning, but sort of stuck with Sally on Radio Scotland today. I'm sorry I missed the service. I'll try later on to see if it available on the iplayer or whatever it is called.

I used to know the 'Piscie guy from Arran. He sometimes had bother not to say b*gger when he was in the pulpit. Not that anyone would have noticed. His accent was so Yorkshire, he was very hard to understand.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

twm

10th July 2011, 23:35
Thanks for the helpful addition of that link to the listen again, Wendy. I've copied it and will use it tomorrow.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post