CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

10th July 2011, 08:14
Hi All,
I'm new to this great site and wondered if anyone could answer this query for me:
Is there any kind of search function to find a thread regarding a particular crossword, or is it just a matter of trawling through the front-page postings?
Thanks in advance.
1 of 50  -   Report This Post

wendy

10th July 2011, 09:12
Good morning Mrs. T and welcome!

You'll soon realise that this is a very basic website with no search facility or any logical threads.

Having said that, it IS a great site and you'll find peple more than willing to help you, providing you give them enough information such as:

The Clue
Number of letters in answer
Any letters you already have.

We have a small problem with idiots who just log on and make daft comments but otherwise it's a great place for crossword enthusiasts to meet like-minded people.

2 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th July 2011, 09:38
Thanks Wendy, I really appreciate that. I had already noticed some of what you said - sad, sad people. I look forward to much communication with the people the site is clearly intended for and shall ignore all other.
Best, Mrs T
3 of 50  -   Report This Post

twm

10th July 2011, 09:47
Just to say, Mrs. T., that I really enjoyed your letter which used to deluged in to Humphrey Lyttleton, on I haven't a clue!
4 of 50  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

10th July 2011, 12:14
Hello Mrs Trellis. Just to add to Wendy's sound words of advice, it is useful to know which crossword you are doing, as you get a feel for a particular crossword style and an insight (sometimes) into the mind of the setter. Hope you enjoy using the site!
5 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th July 2011, 13:00
Welcome Mrs Trellis,

Please enjoy, ignore the "grumps".

Take care,

p@
6 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th July 2011, 13:01
Thank you for your advice sallyw, people are so great on here.
Twm, thank you for your kind words about my letter to ISIHAC, it continues to flood in to Mr Dee now that dear Humph has departed.
Enjoy your Sunday both.
7 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th July 2011, 13:06
Pastille, thank you for your welcome too - I shall indeed ignore the wet blankets. I can see I'm going to make such pleasant acquaintances I'll have no time for crosswords:-)
8 of 50  -   Report This Post

mamya

10th July 2011, 13:24
A big welcome to you Mrs Trellis, hope you enjoy being here and getting some good answers.
9 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th July 2011, 13:31
Thank you Mamya, nice to meet you
10 of 50  -   Report This Post