CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

qwerty55

10th July 2011, 06:31
Just two I'm not sure of, 12 across/Written authority, Licence or License - 14 down/Climbs, Ascents or Ascends....
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th July 2011, 07:03
licence is a noun; to license is a verb.

ascent is a noun. to ascend is a verb.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

10th July 2011, 08:07
Thank you AJT, I still have a problem deciding on the answers, I’m being totally honest with you and not pulling your leg, but due to being dyslexic I find it hard to get my brain to process things sometimes, even when I do know the rule about nouns and verbs. I usually don’t broadcast to the world that I’m dyslexic, but I do need more help on this one, my brain is convinced the answers are LICENCE and ASCENTS, so could you please confirm for me if that’s correct. I just cannot answer a question until I can convince my brain of the correct thought process, if you can understand what I mean, which for me can be very frustrating when I only have two answers left to finish off a crossword…….. I only post a question when I really need help, I don't want to waste anyone's time....!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th July 2011, 08:18
Written authority is a noun,(a name of somethng) so it is licence.

To climb is a verb (a "doing word" so it is ascend.

I hope this helps. It must be a great effort for you to try crosswords, then. Best of luck.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

10th July 2011, 08:54
I’m so very grateful for your help and explanation. Yes it can be hard when this dyslexia can totally disable my thought process at times, especially on the above type questions…… Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help and understanding…..
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

10th July 2011, 09:09
Just want to mention, you are not only helping me, you are also helping me help others with the same problem as I have, since I post my answers every week on two free to use puzzle comping sites.... Don't know if you've heard of them, minti and compingforfun, two great sites for people to check their answers and ask for help....so you have done a great service today in helping more people than just me.....
6 of 6  -   Report This Post