CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chips

7th July 2011, 09:39
I know it's early,but I'm in desperate need of advice or a tip or two.
29 D. Cockney runner and old muleteer (7)
ar?????
3 D. Press,tense,trapping racists occupying van (7,two words) ??g???t
(I've been trying to work in 'tight' somehow, but have got nowhere. Even knowing the split of the solution might help.)
Thanks.
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

ajt

7th July 2011, 09:44
I haven't got 3d yet.

For 29d - a word for a particular runner as a cockney would say it - then "old".

I've got most of it down,, after a lucky guess with the theme, but I'm finding it tougher than usual.
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

chips

7th July 2011, 09:49
Thanks,AJT -got 29 Down now. I'm finding this week's puzzle a bit tricky.
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

tony

7th July 2011, 10:06
the racists are the National Front.

I hope people don't give away too much too soon as this was a cracker of a puzzle.
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

7th July 2011, 10:23
Like AJT I got the theme quickly and thought it would be an easy one but seems not. I might well be back for help later.
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

chips

7th July 2011, 11:57
I got 3 Down and quite a few more of the answers, but I'm still struggling. I don't want to spoil things for others, so will try to ask for help cryptically...This post will be relevant only to those who're looking at the crossword.
Is 4 Across a male or female?
Does 1 Down relate in any way to an animal?
Thanks for any guidance - even if it's to tell me I'm way off course!
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

chips

7th July 2011, 12:10
4 Across suddenly came to me - I'm getting there, very slowly.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

tony

7th July 2011, 12:14
Chips

You are on the right track about 1d but you are missing the important part of the solution.
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th July 2011, 12:23
Chips - I think you have "target" for 14a?? - incorrect. I had target but it didn't fit with my 2d. I'm almost there now, just a few in the top left corner to finish.
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

chips

7th July 2011, 12:31
Thanks, both of you. I had 'target' initially, but saw the error of my ways an hour or so ago. I've got another option for 14 A, but am not 100% convinced so it's making 1 Down more of a pain. I've probably made things harder for myself, of course!
10 of 33  -   Report This Post