CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

5th July 2011, 19:35
Good evening all.
For me , quite a few tricky clues this week, like 10a,12a(dont know the prog)24a had me stumped for a while,thought 19d a bit misleading. The one that really gets me is 15a.If the answer I have is correct,I cant work out the wordplay(well only in part),ofcourse I could be very wrong but cant think of anything else that fits!
To old gal, hope your treatment is going well for you and that you had a restful weekend.x
Best to all and hope all your 'bugs', those that had them, have recovered!xx
1 of 38  -   Report This Post

old gal

5th July 2011, 22:08
Hello Karen - you're an early bird! Have made a start on this week's crossword but have way to go yet. Had a really low w/e when I was convinced all was doomed! Dont know why I dip so on Saturday! My daughter told me I was a drama queen which gave me food for thought. I hate being ill! Am struggling with the BBC2 programme myself but will press on And so to bed....
2 of 38  -   Report This Post

wee jock

5th July 2011, 22:09
HOwdy Karen

Nobody else about at this early stage?
Nice and cosy for us. I agree this is agood challenging with some good witty, neat clues but also some sticky ones and the only one I'm not too sure about is 18a, The word I get from the anagram only connects with the clue in a scots sense (jam pieces ?) Get me?
Your doubtful one 15a I get an Austrian light opera composer avd a French port.
12a got me for a while too as I think it's a fair ly new programme and my tv guide is way behind the times.
TA TA THE NOO KAREN,O TEN TIMES
BEST WISHES TO ALL
GOOD HEALTH TO OLD GAL
NUFF SAID
WEE JOCK
3 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

6th July 2011, 09:42
Good Morning, all.

Hang on in Old Gal. Your daughter might be having difficulty knowing just how to cope with the situation. It is hard for families to see their loved ones suffer.

To RT 28. I started at RT3, and this has been the hardest yet. Weird television programmes, which even if I had heard of, would never have watched. It took an hour of solid, concentrated effort to crack this one.

Off to SGH for a couple of days. Talk again on Friday.

Best wishes.

P
4 of 38  -   Report This Post

navigator

6th July 2011, 16:59
Good Afternoon all.
Old Gal -- still thinking of you. I hope that
your treatment is going well and that the weekend "lows" will become a thing of the past.
RT28 brought me down to earth with a bang.Many clues had me confused. 15d had me
on a wild goose chase round the Orient looking for an eastern port until at long last I chanced upon the composer in the clue
and thus to the port much closer to home.
Must try harder next week.
With best wishes,
N
5 of 38  -   Report This Post

navigator

6th July 2011, 17:01
Sorry- I meant 15a.
6 of 38  -   Report This Post

bees

6th July 2011, 18:26
Hi all,
It's the first time I've had to log in, emembered my password!
Old Gal, maybe Saturdays get you down because that's the day everyone else cheers up. It's like Christmas makes things worse if you're down. All the best!
Struggling this week, only 9 clues done so far. I blame the weather.
7 of 38  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th July 2011, 20:09
I'm glad you are all finding this one tricky - makes me feel better! Thanks to your comments have now figured 15a, actually I already pencilled it in but was unsure - your explanations helped! Still struggling with the BBC2 programme but will have to think. Hope to pick up some more hints, esp re 18a - not familiar with scottish jam sarnies..... Love to all!
8 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

6th July 2011, 21:00
Hi old gal,re 12a.Think of a Hitchcock film, for the first 6 letters+(anagram of live+l(for lake).
16a anagram of 'as BBC murder',tends to be leftover of any sandwich., not just Scottish!
Hope that helps.
Bestx
9 of 38  -   Report This Post

wee jock

7th July 2011, 00:18
DEAR OLD GAL AND KAREN.

Sorry about my jam piece/red herring,it wasnt meant to be a help for anyone but just an indication of my inability to see connection between 'top pieces' and the word I had from the anagram. 'Top dressing' would have been a better clue,I think,but how would I know? I'm glad to see that have not lost your sense of humour and I'm sure that dear Karen has put you on the right track and hope you have finished RT28 by now.

All the best with your current course of treatment and think not of yourself as a drama queen but as an OSCAR WINNER!

NIGHT NIGHT OLD GAL 0 XX
NIGHT NIGHT KAREN love ten times

wee jock
10 of 38  -   Report This Post