CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the riddler

3rd July 2011, 19:21
I noted from an earlier post that this site now requires users todregister, hopefully to get rid of the abusive idiots. I stopped visiting the site about 9 months ago or so because of these people, just thought I'd pop in and have a peek. I'm all for blogs being moderated (censored if you like) and was just wondering if Ash's changes had managed to clean things up. Anyone got any thoughts?
1 of 35  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

3rd July 2011, 19:28
A lot quieter, but much more civilised.
2 of 35  -   Report This Post

tonyw

3rd July 2011, 19:30
riddler,it does not stop those that want to ,but it is slightly better than before
3 of 35  -   Report This Post

tonyw

3rd July 2011, 19:39
If you register on most forum sites they will ask you for an e-mail address .They will then e-mail you to confirm that it is you and give you a password that you can then change.
This site has always been open to all,and a good job too.
The only difference now is that nobody else can use the same user name.
4 of 35  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd July 2011, 19:46
Agree with Mr.P, much more civilised. That said, there will be lots of casual visitors who will not want to register in order to post a comment but that's par for the course. It's the same with most sites nowadays anyway.

There are many ways in which the twerps can still gain access but I'm not about to tell them how to do it!

With any luck, whoever is moderating the site will know about IP addresses and perhaps sort it out that way.

From a personal point of view, I don't see any problem with swearing (I do it all the time!!) but there needs to be a point to it. I totally object to idle t*ssers who have nothing better to do than try to upset others.

I think it's a change for the better but we'll see.

5 of 35  -   Report This Post

the riddler

3rd July 2011, 19:51
Hi Tony,

Quite agree about being open to all, and I'm all for a bit of gentle joshing and chit chat between regular contributors. The trouble is that some of the stuff going on on this site had become very abusive. On the other hand Big Dave's Crossword blog, which is dedicated to the DT, is monitored/moderated and I've never once seen anything abusive appear on there. Consequently it's a very pleasant place to conduct your crossword business.

Stopping contributors hijacking other people's user names is certainly a start and one that I applaud.
6 of 35  -   Report This Post

derwent

3rd July 2011, 20:09
it will never work
7 of 35  -   Report This Post

the joker

3rd July 2011, 20:15
Derwent Ever the optimist,I see.
8 of 35  -   Report This Post

tonyw

3rd July 2011, 20:17
derwent is just water.Sea how big they become when dammed!
9 of 35  -   Report This Post

derwent

3rd July 2011, 20:19
i can always come here and cause trouble if i want to
10 of 35  -   Report This Post