CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

puzzled

2nd July 2011, 19:15
Have just received answers to the Underground Station Quiz re Is Nick in this park (7,6)
The setter has apologized for the error the answer was meant to be Parson's Green so all answers have been marked as correct.
Thanks to help from all of you I am the happy Winner (luck of the draw), but nevertheless a lovely surprise.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

2nd July 2011, 19:27
Congratulations Puzzled!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

2nd July 2011, 19:27
I find it amazing that after all this time,and all our efforts ,there was no answer.Shame on the setter and you.And I really do mean that!!"!
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

2nd July 2011, 19:32
of-course i am pleased you won ,sorry but I am annoyed
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd July 2011, 20:03
Congrats Puzzled.
Good of you to let us know - must admit, i still don't get the clue.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd July 2011, 20:04
does it refer to Nicholas Parsons???!!!?
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

puzzled

2nd July 2011, 20:18
Yes the clue was to do with Nicholas Parsons,the numbers should have read 7 & 5.
Why are you cross with me tonyw ? as for the setter well we all make mistakes !!!
Thanks to all for your congratulations.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

2nd July 2011, 20:45
Hi Puzzled - I'm delighted you have had a win! Don't mind TonyW but to a certain extent I think he has a point. Many (but be no means all) of the quizzes that appear on here are practically unsolvable by anyone other than the setter and I just wish setters would test them out on friends before inflicting them on the public who are buying them for charity (I hope!) I'm sure many of the people asking for help here have no idea how much time and effort (and enjoyment!)
goes into trying to help people who often dump 10 queries and disappear for a couple of days instead of getting the map out or rsearching the many lists on Google. The setter should have asked someone else to check the accuracy of his/her quiz.
Cheers Julie - surrounded by maps of Cumbria and enjoying it.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

sammy

2nd July 2011, 22:00
I don't understand, tonyw. Why is it shame on Puzzled when Puzzled has just told us the answer and the setter's mistake?
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

2nd July 2011, 22:41
I am very sorry that I have upset a few people.
It was not my intention to be so rude.
But I think if you all looked at the original thread(and I can't find it either) you will see that we spent a lot of time on this question.
Once again,sincere apologies!
10 of 13  -   Report This Post