CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cmk

2nd July 2011, 17:16
Hi. Finished this fairly easily but does anyone know the significance of the references in 2down and 4 down to 'Grid rows 14 and 2'?

Sorry this excludes anyone who doesn't have the crossword to hand, but it would be very difficult to explain what I mean succinctly.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

liz

2nd July 2011, 17:22
Like you, I have the answers but don't get the references. Not a bad crossword, although 22across has me stumped!
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

cmk

2nd July 2011, 17:36
Hi Liz. Definition at 22ac is Resident (men of the) cloth. Then it is a combination of 'rep' end of 'kerb', a word meaning 'stop' and a star sign. Hope that makes sense. (Hope it's right, too!)
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd July 2011, 17:44
Haven't seen your crossword, but that sounds like prebendaries. My apologies if you don't give answers on this thread.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

colin

2nd July 2011, 17:51
If you read at the letters in rows 2 And 4,it gives "Not only but also" which is a comedy show Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were noted for.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

cmk

2nd July 2011, 18:06
Thanks Colin!

Wow - that is good!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

liz

2nd July 2011, 18:57
Thanks, cmk. Thought it had to be, but had gone wrong elsewhere and the letters didn't fit. Sorted it now, though.
Happy solving!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

nina

3rd July 2011, 00:27
Thank you DotDashDotDash and Def
8 of 8  -   Report This Post