CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

2nd July 2011, 13:28
I don't know anything about the expanse or the limitations of the site's capabilities, but is there any way that a message could be flagged up when a new message is posted?

At the moment, unless I am missing something, it is necessary to keep returning to the topic list to see if a new thread has been started or an additon made to an existing one.

Would be interested to know if this is possible.

P
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

2nd July 2011, 13:31
On the home page there is a list of recently updated posts.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd July 2011, 13:34
Thanks, Sally. At the moment, I have been jumping back and forth as described. Sometimes it results in giving answers which have already been given.

P
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2011, 00:38
Pipesmoker, are you saying that you want to see a flag every time a thread is started or replied to? That could get very boring very quickly at times. You can, of course, choose to receive a flag via email every time a message is posted to a thread started by you.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2011, 01:21
It might be worth having an email alert every time someone adds a comment to a thread in which you've participated. It could still build up pretty rapidly though, and I'm useless at clearing out old emails...
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

3rd July 2011, 09:06
Good point, Bullfrog. It seemed a good idea when nothing much was happening on the site. I kept going back and forth hoping that someone would have posted.

Judging by the amount of traffic today, I would have been (even more) demented.

Thanks.

P
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd July 2011, 09:29
"Even more demented" eh? Bit of a tautology methinks. (tee hee, wink)

7 of 8  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

3rd July 2011, 09:33
Quite so, Wendy, quite so.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » New Posts