CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

10th December 2014, 15:05
Hello Celadon, just spotted post number 1637. He he, ho ho, what a dopey husband! Both the wife's texts indicate she was having computer trouble. I can't see any comment indicating she responded to his very silly suggestion that she use lukewarm water to fix it. She obviously preserved his dignity by ignoring his advice, rather than let him know he was being a very silly billy. Assuming her husband hadn't gone completely and utterly barmy, she proceeded to update him on the serious, possibly terminal condition of her computer. What a sweet little story!
1642 of 1953  -   Report This Post

syzygy

11th December 2014, 07:50
Good luck, Celadon. (-;

Did you ever see the film "Alien" ?
I don't think the concept of humour arose there either.
1643 of 1953  -   Report This Post

susan

11th December 2014, 08:57
Hello syzygy, My message was meant to be a funny response to celadon's suggestion that I wouldn't like the joke. I did and my reply was an attempt to continue with the humour. Sorry you were unable to spot it. By the way, I'm not an alien! What a pity you had to be nasty.
1644 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

11th December 2014, 16:51
“It’s just too hot to wear clothes today,” Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, “Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?”

“Probably that I married you for your money,” she replied.
1645 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

14th December 2014, 14:24
Can anybody help out with a copy of ' Heros' Cyclic Quadrilateral formula ?
1646 of 1953  -   Report This Post

ab

14th December 2014, 14:27
Hero's formula and proof derived from CQs is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heron%27s_formula
1647 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

16th December 2014, 06:40
Thanks for that ab.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
1648 of 1953  -   Report This Post

elle

16th December 2014, 13:10
When you drink vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure.
When you drink rum over ice, it can give you liver failure.
When you drink whisky over ice, it can give you heart problems.
When you drink gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.
Apparently, ice is really bad for you.
Warn all your friends!

1649 of 1953  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th December 2014, 15:22
Beware of all forms of dihydrogen monoxide too - see:
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
1650 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

18th December 2014, 14:15
A man is dining in a fancy restaurant, and there is a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He has been checking her out since he sat down, but he lacks the nerve to talk with her.

Suddenly she sneezes, and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket towards the man. He instinctively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back to her.

"Oh my, I am sooo sorry." the woman says as she pops her eye back in place. "Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you."

They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards the woman invites him to the theater, followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams, and he shares his. She listens. After she pays for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap ...and stay for breakfast.

The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings.

The man is amazed! Everything has been incredible! "You know," he said." You are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every man you meet?"
"No," she replies... "You just happened to catch my eye."
1651 of 1953  -   Report This Post