CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

busby

10th April 2014, 08:49
So why was the contestant wrong?
:-)
1516 of 1953  -   Report This Post

bernie

10th April 2014, 11:17
The Gay Gordons?
1517 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

3rd May 2014, 21:48

THIS IS A FRIGHTENING STATISTIC, PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST WORRYSOME IN RECENT YEARS.

25% of the women in this country are on medication for mental illness.

That's scary.

It means 75% are running around untreated.
1518 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

5th May 2014, 08:06

Today's Short Reading from the Bible... from Genesis:

"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...
and then He laughed and laughed and laughed!
1519 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

6th May 2014, 07:11

A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6.

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had avocados."

If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again!

Men will get it the first time.

My work is done here.
1520 of 1953  -   Report This Post

pandora

6th May 2014, 09:38
Yes but more to the point - how many MEN are currently receiving medication??
1521 of 1953  -   Report This Post

imagcq

6th May 2014, 13:33
http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/TextRecord.php?&action=GET&textsid=39359

Had a bad experience with the fairer sex lately Celadon?

1522 of 1953  -   Report This Post

finley

6th May 2014, 16:53
Just whipped though the dialogue and think I can neatly introduce a connection between the moon and this apparent ongoing battle of the sexes - "If they can put a man on the moon why can't they put all of them there?!" You will gather I am a female finley!!
1523 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

9th May 2014, 09:26
THE Ukraine and Russia are to give each other maximum points in the Eurovision song contest despite basically being at war.
In a private call, Vladimir Putin and acting Ukrainian President Olensandr Turchynov assured one another that whatever massive bloodshed might ensue, the ‘twelve point protocol’ would not be breached.
Turchynov said: “We deplore covert Russian efforts to annex our nation, but we just love Russia’s Tolmachevy Sisters and their bouncy entry Shine, with its uplifting message that we are all as bright as light bulbs.”
Putin said: “I cannot rule out using nuclear weapons against the Ukraine, but there is no question of us not awarding ‘douze points’ to Ukraine’s Maria Yaremchuk and her perky ditty Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.
“I mean come on, it’s so catchy and just makes you move your hips.”
International military analyst Julian Cook said: “It is important to understand the East European mentality in these matters. When it comes to doing down the arrogant United Kingdom, they are united.
1524 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

21st May 2014, 10:25
VLADIMIR Putin has compared Prince Charles to Anthea Turner because he is a ‘fragrant, middle-aged woman with no power’.
The Russian president thanked the Prince for comparing him to Hitler and said that like Turner, the heir to the throne was ‘every man’s idea of the perfect English housewife’.
He added: “Like Turner he is part of a great British institution, albeit one with far less power and influence than Blue Peter.
“And like Turner he had a troubled first marriage with his personal life splattered all over the tabloids, before he found true love.
“I just hope Charles and his husband Camilla have a more enduring relationship than Anthea and Grant Bovey.
“But most of all when I think of Prince Charles, I think of someone who was born to wear an apron and keep my house clean and tidy.
“I sometimes dream of being greeted at the front door by a lovely, demure English woman like Prince Charles, when I come home from my busy job of being a real man with actual power.”
President Putin said Prince Charles could ‘take a leaf out of Anthea’s book’ and make himself more relevant by appearing in the next series of Dancing on Ice.
1525 of 1953  -   Report This Post