CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

7th September 2013, 23:18
Good one !

Are these really from the Daily Mail? Quirky paper, but couldn't find a humour column per se.

Or do you paraphrase a promising article?
1426 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

10th September 2013, 06:49
Hi syzygy, it is not the Daily Mail but another (underground) publication with the same initials.

..............................................................................................
WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!

*Our Phones ~ Wireless
*Cooking ~ Fireless
*Cars ~ Keyless
*Food ~ Fatless
*Tyres ~ Tubeless
*Dress ~Sleeveless
*Youth ~ Jobless
*Leaders ~Shameless
*Relationships ~ Meaningless
*Attitude ~ Careless
*Wives ~ Fearless
*Babies ~Fatherless
*Feelings ~ Heartless
*Education ~ Valueless
*Children ~ Mannerless

==Everything is becoming LESS = but still our hopes are ~ Endless.

I am ~ Speechless !
1427 of 1953  -   Report This Post

busby

10th September 2013, 07:38
Bank accounts ~ Worthless ?
1428 of 1953  -   Report This Post

busby

10th September 2013, 08:10
*Police Force ~ Boneless
*Magistrates ~ Gutless
*Criminals ~ Blameless
*Issues ~ Ceaseless
*Political correctness ~ Humourless
*Gender ~ Sexless
* An opinion ~ Pointless
* Me ~ Clueless
* Poser of the day ~ Priceless !!!
1429 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

11th September 2013, 10:19
Love them Busby.

Just come across this in my local bordello........

THE new iPhone 5S uses state-of-the-art fingerprint technology to frame its owners for murder. It can also blackmail you into buying more Cloud storage
The device will leave prints and DNA at crime scenes if the owner has failed to meet Apple’s high standards for iPhone ownership.
The phone’s built-in JudgMe app collects data about its owners’ treatment of their iPhone, rates them on a moral scale developed by Apple and can condemn them to a lifetime behind bars.
Apple CEO Tim Cook, speaking at the launch event, said: “We’re rightly known for our focus on the user experience, but all too frequently I see users who don’t repay that trust.
“I see cracked screens, scratched aluminium backs, and iPhone owners who talk openly about their interest in the Samsung Note 3 with their iPhone right there in front of them, hearing every hurtful, traitorous word.
“Well, that ends today. The new iPhone, using your fingerprints, your DNA, and faking records of your movements and communications, can put you on the scene of a triple slaying so efficiently that even OJ’s defence team couldn’t get you off.”
Technology blogger Carolyn Ryan said: “I downloaded a non-proprietary web browser and Google Maps to my new iPhone 5S, breaking my terms of service, and within 24 hours there was video of me kidnapping and executing my brother-in-law right there in the iCloud.
“That’s the Apple magic – it just works.”
Cook, who concluded his presentation by breathing hard on a new iPhone and shattering its screen, seemed set to leave the stage when he turned to the audience and said: “There is one more thing.”
The crowd then cheered wildly as detectives arrived on stage to arrest him for the murder of Steve Jobs.
1430 of 1953  -   Report This Post

syzygy

15th September 2013, 03:21
Some news from the US:

TALLAHASSEE (The Borowitz Report)—Opponents of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law are attempting to mobilize support for a new law called Don’t Shoot Me for Absolutely No Reason.

The proposed law, which faces major opposition in the Florida legislature, would make it illegal for people in the state to shoot each other for no reason whatsoever.

“Under the provisions of Don’t Shoot Me for Absolutely No Reason, you will be required to have an actual reason for shooting someone,” said a spokesman for the measure, Harland Dorrinson. “This will be a first in Florida.”

The controversial bill has already drawn the ire of the National Rifle Association, which issued a statement today saying that requiring someone to have a reason to shoot another person would violate the Second Amendment.

“If you force someone to have a reason to shoot someone, soon you will be taking away his right to shoot that person altogether,” the N.R.A. said.

“We are not in principle against the idea of having a reason to shoot someone,” the N.R.A. continued. “But we believe you should be allowed to shoot the person first and have the reason second.”

Even if Don’t Shoot Me for Absolutely No Reason somehow passes in the legislature, Florida Gov. Rick Scott said today that he would veto it, telling reporters, “Making people in Florida have a reason to shoot each other would fundamentally change our way of life.”

1431 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

17th September 2013, 09:46
Just imagine what would happen in the UK if our clowns introduced gun legislation: and yet again it could be a good thing.

Just an aside:- "eat" is the only word that if you take the first letter and move it to the last, it spells its past tense "ate?"
1432 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

25th September 2013, 14:10
THE High Court has ruled that any exchange of Love Hearts sweets constitutes a legal contract.
Judges ruling in the case of Donna Sheridan vs Wayne Hayes found that he had, as she maintained, entered into obligations to call her, give her a sweet kiss and to be gorgeous.
Hayes, now 24 and married with a child, fulfilled none of those promises. He must now go on a date with Donna to the local park where, after a mandatory three swigs of Mad Dog 20/20, he is obliged to snog her.
Lawyer Susan Traherne said: “There’s always been a degree of ambiguity surrounding Love Hearts which has been exploited to make promises of For Keeps and Heart Throb to which the giver had no intention of adhering.
“This ruling, which is retrospective and covers the last 30 years, means that teenage boys will no longer be able to claim giving a girl Cuddle Me was just the luck of the packet.
“It also means that Julian Cook is obligated to take me, 23 years on, to the school disco and to do the Macarena with me on the dance floor. And he has to get off with me afterwards or I will issue proceedings.”
The ruling has caused widespread panic, with anyone over 25 struggling to remember who exactly they gave Lush Lips, Dream Boy, Catch Me or Tickle Monster.
The UK’s teenagers remain largely unaffected, preferring to use What’s App and Snapchat to send each other sexually explicit images.
1433 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

2nd October 2013, 17:21
Crazy Laws - Vermont

Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

Whistling underwater is illegal.
1434 of 1953  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

2nd October 2013, 19:11
I don't think many people will whistle underwater in Vermont.
1435 of 1953  -   Report This Post