CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simon

9th July 2009, 08:50
Jim C- Very good. Thanks for earlier too as was not around to answer the question yet would have answered in exact samne way as you did on my behalf.
Write101.com has a very interesting article all about Flammable Vs Inflammable , too! The OED gives a good footnote to this also & advises to use the word Flammable which was coined prior to inflammable anyhow. Regards, Simon

111 of 1953  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th July 2009, 10:10
JimC:

In an article for a newspaper which I wrote some years ago, I concluded by asking for someone, preferably in non-scientific terms, to explain the difference between flammable and inflammable.

There were no responses...

Kind regards,

Caravaggio

112 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

9th July 2009, 10:29
Shot down in flames, eh?
113 of 1953  -   Report This Post

jimc

9th July 2009, 10:45
Please!

This website does not support flaming!!
114 of 1953  -   Report This Post

jimc

9th July 2009, 10:49
By the way ....

Why do rhetorical questions get answered?

Also ...

Considering it helps to get the right answer, what's wrong with a leading question?

JimC
115 of 1953  -   Report This Post

simon

9th July 2009, 11:28
Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Also,science tells us that cold showers actually increase sexual arousal so why do we say to someone,'take a cold shower'?!

One more fact, apples are more efficient at waking you up in the morning than coffee.

So if you want to wake up yet control your sexual desire then take a hot shower and eat an apple.

Regards, Simon
116 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

9th July 2009, 11:52
More hot tips.
117 of 1953  -   Report This Post

bees

9th July 2009, 12:08
If you wake up in the morning and there's an apple in bed with you, does that mean you are Grandad Smith?
(Bees the obscure gets to the core of the matter, I hope it doesn't give you the pip).
118 of 1953  -   Report This Post

simon

9th July 2009, 17:42
Bees- most amusing ;-)
Found this out today:-
The average married woman in seventeenth-century America gave birth to thirteen children.
Maybe that is what they did for entertainment in the 17th century + both sexes must have had far too many cold showers or shared a cold tub until they became hot! Regards, Simon( going to have a cold shower right now)
119 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

9th July 2009, 18:26
Four men decide to buy a box of cigars that costs £30.
One man has no money so the other men all put in £10 each.
The man that had no money goes to the shop and buys the cigars, but they have been reduced to £25 in the sale. He pays for them and puts £5 in his pocket.

When he gets back to his friends he gives them all a £1 each change and keeps the other £2 for himself, (total £5 ). So in effect the 3 friends have all paid £9 each, (£10 - £1 paid back) which equals £27 and the other £2 he keeps for himself. Added up this makes £29 . Where is the other pound???
120 of 1953  -   Report This Post