CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

3rd July 2009, 00:50
Trevor, don't rise to the bait whatever you do. This site is getting so bad with certain people posting using other peoples names that it's really difficult to know if it is the real user/owner of the name or not. Remember I've had a couple of postings from someone using my name.
24 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2009, 01:20
Wellwell was a nice but killjoy type on the 70s thread.
Sean, who started this thread, seems to be making some sort of similar point.
25 of 32  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2009, 10:26
Sorry to accuse you unjustly, trevor, but it's a sad fact that we can't be sure that an impostor isn't posting under any of our names. Surely it's not beyond the wit of the webmaster to incorporate a secure log-in system?

Anyone listening?
26 of 32  -   Report This Post

nassau1948@hotmail.com

3rd July 2009, 10:51
And sorry, Bullfrog, for implying that "you" weren't you! It's just that Trevor in all his postings is totally straightforward and I don't believe he has ever, as most of us haven't, used another name or someone else's name to post an answer. There are some sad little people out there who seem to enjoy criticising and creating mischief (for want of a better word) but never seem to even attempt to answer a query, I wonder why? I really don't see what pleasure they get from doing it.
27 of 32  -   Report This Post

campanilla

3rd July 2009, 10:55
.....and the email address wasn't meant to come up there either......
28 of 32  -   Report This Post

jimc

3rd July 2009, 11:06
@Bullfrog...

The trouble with 'secure log-in systems' is the human element (such as people posting e-mail addresses in forum messages etc..).

Although .. I'm sure that I have done worse in my time.

JimC
29 of 32  -   Report This Post

campanilla

3rd July 2009, 11:24
I'm sure you have, JimC. Fortunately, no-one's perfect.
30 of 32  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2009, 12:19
Sorry campanilla -- wrong end of the stick. I was wondering if someone else (who had previously posted as 'wellwell') was posting under Trevor's name, not suggesting that Trevor was the impostor.
31 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2009, 17:14
Hi Bullfrog, my self righteous indignation was faked, the rest was all me.
32 of 32  -   Report This Post