CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 01:39
Hi, Sally,

I have started another thread here, so as not to upset the regulars on the RT thread, where answers don't get said out loud.

The one I didn't (and still don't) understand is Vera televised by Brent, handle with care. (6,7).

I had ?R?N?A @L@T?Y?

I'm sure the answer will jump out at you, but if it refers to a television programme, it is one of the many I don't watch.

Thanks again.

P
1 of 53  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 01:45
I see that it is an anagram, but still don't know who Vera is or was.

P
2 of 53  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 02:01
Thanks, trevor. I hadn't come across this, although, I can visualise the actress. She was on Desert Island Discs a few weeks back, but I don't remember her choices of music.

Best wishes.

P
4 of 53  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 08:23
Hi Pipesmoker. Just got up and saw your thread. Glad you got it and thanks to trevor's assistance, the logic behind it!
5 of 53  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th June 2011, 21:56
Hi Pipesmoker & sallyw,

Sorry for bursting into your thread, but I didn't thank you for your encouraging words after my little hissy fit last week.

That night I was so angry that "people" started taking "pops" at AJT, who to me is always there to help.

I feared I would say something that I would not regret...and be banned.

You have to admit there are some of us, and we know who we are, not only stick our heads above the parapet, but wear a fluorescent vest and shout "come and have a go if your think your hard enuff!"

Don't we Sal?

Decided to have a break...

Changed my mind the next morning when I got that delightful post from "me".

But, we can not keep falling for the bait.

I will try to rise above it...

I am "seriously" not going to be around for the next few days...so you all take care now.

Slater

Kissypoos

p@
6 of 53  -   Report This Post

sue

15th June 2011, 22:07
and i am still sad
7 of 53  -   Report This Post

pete

15th June 2011, 22:11
Nobody was taking a pop at AJT. He/she said things that were contradictory and rather than try to justify what he/she said preferred to pour vile abuse on the person who asked. Not surprisingly things got even more heated. Oh,and the pot was kept well stirred by sallyw.
8 of 53  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:11
Hi fellow chuckle sister - never give up, never surrender! It seems to me that - like school - there is a culture of bullying that occasionally rerars it's ugly head, and obviously it's my turn at the moment. AJT has had it, so have you but quite honestly I don't feel upset, on the contrary I'm quite flattered that I'm considred worthy of attack! I'm sure that in real life these people are perfectly lovely human beings, but the internet affords anonymity, which leaves people free to say things that they wouldn't say face to face. Take care! xx
9 of 53  -   Report This Post

pete

15th June 2011, 22:15
For god's sake sallyw. It was you doing the bullying. It didn't matter what anybody against the thread said they got a mouthful of abuse from you.
10 of 53  -   Report This Post